• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to subscription Photoshop; do I need to keep Creative Cloud application?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed fairly recently.  At the time, I clicked on some download link.  Later I saw in an email that offered three links, there were separate links for Photoshop and Creative Cloud.  I would have clicked on only the Photoshop link, but I'd already initiated the download from an Adobe page.  What I wonder is whether Photoshop will still work properly if I uninstall the Creative Cloud application.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Yes you need the Creative Cloud application for a number of reasons including managing your Adobe Software. It actually will not let you uninstall (properly) without removing all apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you need the Creative Cloud application for a number of reasons including managing your Adobe Software. It actually will not let you uninstall (properly) without removing all apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I didn't want to hear that!  But that makes me wonder why in the email there were separate links, implying that I could download one, two, or all three.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you were given three links. You only need to install the CC desktop app when you sign up, and then you install the individual applications you want from there.

The CC desktop app centralizes a lot of functions that would otherwise have to be part of each individual application. You do all install/uninstall/updates from the CC app, as well as access other resources like fonts and other things.

Make sure to uncheck all automatic updates. You'll be notified when updates are available.

And no, nothing will work if you uninstall the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Okay - thanks for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines