Yet again I write here to list the problems I encounter, and I'm again asking how to solve them:
1. Object selection tool instantly crashes PS
2. Can't change fonts with arrows
3. Regularly I get info "font failed" - even for the fonts I have used in the same document, all of the sudden they don't work
4. Rulers make the entire PS work slow (that's and understatement)
5. PS loading time is longer than ever
6. Canvas freezes quite regularly, especially when I zoom too fast
7. Pasting images just does not work - it keeps pasting "older" image, I first have to copy the image, paste it to Irfan View - and just then PS "knows" what it is supposed to place in the file.
8. While making new document clipboard shows the proper size for the document, while document has different size - I have to click on something else, then Clipboard to get a good sizes
9. Just now PS opened only after 7th click on the icon
10. It regularly "have problems reading settings" or something - so it clears all custom shortcuts and previously opened files.
32gb of ram (PS sees 24gb only somehow), RTX 2080, I7-7800X, all drivers up to date
- Turning off graphic processor is not an option - and it gives nothing
- Disabling second screen is not an option
The new updates are open pre-alfa version that just mess up the things that used to work, or what is the case? Im paying for the regular downgrades?
Start by resetting your preferences.
Resetted everything, reinstalled the entire program - all of the problems are still there.
What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on some of the issues?
As I wrote - reseting the preferences, restarting, reinstalling the program - nothing works.
Graphic processor - no difference, but there is no way I'm working without the graphic processor on, because PS is not usable without the dynamic zoom in my case.
I would downgrade... In your CC app, the 3 dots after open for PS, Other versions.
Downgrade just changes the problems I have with the software - tried it - got back a bug that was creating artifacts that were messing up my layers (and restarting saved those artifacts as layers) d: