• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

newest PS version zooms all windows

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until version 23.0.2 the zoom tool resized only the active window, but now it resizes all open windows with no way to stop it from doing that.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

I can't repro. 

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "Zoom All Windows" option gone? If not, just uncheck it.

ADOBE-FORUM-ZOOM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes so much sense, it was the very first thing I tried, but it does nothing in this version, and that's the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't repro. 

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that fixed the problem, but is there an easy way to get my PS back to the way I had it without restoring the zoom problem? I have the originl preferences folder on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think that you should be able to bring back everything but the main preference file, but then the settings that are saved alongside the zoom all window would not make it.

I never tried to convert a copy of the PSP to a TXT file, it might be worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wound up causing PS to totally crash when I copied the old preferences back to where they were, so I deleted this version of PS and reinstalled it, now everything works and it picked up my preferences from the prior version. But the question of what caused the problem in the first place remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Adobe add this "improvement" on the first place. Why? Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, it is not a normal behavior, hence the suggestion to recreate the preferences to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines