Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NIK Collection doesn't work

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot .jpg

Copied Nik Collection from PhotoshopCS4 to 2023 on the same computer and all works fine. Tried to load it into Photoshop on new computer running Windows 11 and get the following error. This also occurs on Windows10. Any idea how to get it to work? I've paid DXO enough money allready and I'm more than happy with the old version.

Cheers Carl

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite frankly I am surprised that the plug-in works for you in Photoshop 2023 at all – CS4 became obsolete in 2010 after all. 

As @Ged_Traynor pointed out: The issue does not necessarily seem to be in Adobe’s purview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the Nik Collection on the Windows 11 computer?

The Nik Photoshop plugin requires that Nik Collection applications be installed as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @64784228 you have two choices - purchase the version of the Nik collection compatible with Win 11 and Photoshop 2023, OR stay on your previous version of PS and OS with the older Nik collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have same problem with nik collection 5 prev version was 5.6 and now upgraded to 5.7 and it no long shows up in photoshop,will still work as a standalone but all greyed out in PS

i am currently in contact with dxo to help sort problem will keep you posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines