Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik Collection not launching with Photoshop 2022

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the old version of Nik collection (I believe the free one when google owned it once).

Anyway, I've updgraded my PC and cannot get the Nik Collection to start despite watching various videos on youtube etc.  Has anyone else experienced this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Hi @photosbyKISHEN 

I have the original Nik collection from Google also and have used it in all the different Photoshop versions.
A while ago, Adobe had advertised that PS Plug-Ins should now be stored in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

So, place your Google folder there and your Nik collection should work.

Hope it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @photosbyKISHEN I'm not having any trouble with the Nik filters. What do you mean exactly by it will not launch or start? Are you seeing the collection under Filter menu with no images open? Is the Google folder in the right directory on your C-drive? Look in: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Plug-ins\Google. If all that is correct, what type of image are you trying to apply the filters to? Did you check the Image Mode? Nik won't work with CMYK images. Let us know!

JainLemos_1-1643567565104.png

JainLemos_0-1643567543196.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, this worked.  Thanks everyone for their solution.  I did buy a new desktop and re-installed from scratch, yet this software failed to launch.  It installed perfectly, but just failed.  I did exactly what @RosaPerry mentioned and it worked like a charm.

Thanks a million 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked @photosbyKISHEN  🙂

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @photosbyKISHEN 

I have the original Nik collection from Google also and have used it in all the different Photoshop versions.
A while ago, Adobe had advertised that PS Plug-Ins should now be stored in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC

So, place your Google folder there and your Nik collection should work.

Hope it works for you.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RosaPerry, the Nik Collection is not in that Common Files directory on my computer, and it works fine where it is. Maybe it will work from both locations though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Nik Collection for about 10 years!  Do you mean you bought a new computer? Or updated it (by installing updates)?  I the same problem with I UPGRADED (bought a new) my computer.  I had to find the Nik Collection under one of the Program Files folders (there are 2, I believe).  When I found the Nik folder, I right-clicked on it and selected copy (I found mine in the Adobe Photoshop 2021 folder), and then I went to the Adobe Photoshop 2022 folder, clicked on the folder to open it, and then pasted it it in and the Nik folder was now copied into the new Photoshop 2022 version.  When I opened Photoshop, I found the Nik Collection located under FILTERS tab across the top.  I clicked on FILTERS and the Nik software showed up at the very bottom.  I don't know if that helps, but hope so.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Diane, in past your procedure worked but not now with Photoshop 2023. Nik Collection is installed (or copied the folder into Photoshop 2023 related  program files folder), it is possible to find it in the Filter when I openned Photoshop, it is possible to work with Nik Collection but my work is not saved. When I close the window and return to Photoshop the photo is not edited and it is the same as before using Nik Collection. 

What about your experience with Photoshop 2023? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed photoshop 2023 and put NIK collection in the plug in folder after copying from my previous version. All this is fine except when you try to use NIK filters, you get a message from DxO asking you to take a 15 day trial or buy it! Anyone have experienced that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you.

I don't even bother with it in Photoshop 2023. It used to show up in the
Filter but not now.

However, I can access it in the newest version of Lightroom Classic, BUT NO
MATTER WHAT I DO I cannot get Color Effex Pro or Color Effex Pro to work.
When I right-click and select EDIT IN and then click on either of the two
Color Effex Pro selections, another image is created in the "film strip"
(the way it is SUPPOSED to), but ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OPENS UP on the
screen. I am totally perplexed why that one ONLY does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks much!
Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the old "original Nik" collection (maybe 10 years old) but updated over the years.  Can't determine if you upgraded your actual computer or if you mean you "installed the latest updates."  In any event, if have a new computer then you'll have to add the Nik folder to the Photoshop 2022 Foder.  If it's an existing computer, you will need to check if the Nik folder is in the Photoshop 2022 folder, then you should be good to go.  Either way (new or existing computer), you need to make sure the Nik is associated with the Photoshop 2022 folder. You will see "Nik" at bottom of the "Filter" dropdown as "Jain" wrote below.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Photoshop and the latest version of Nik Collection.  After years of happy use, they no longer work together despite repeated reinstals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently spent $79 to upgrade to Nik 5, then today upgraded to 5.0.1. I watched it install but it doesn't open when I open PS 22. I tried to uninstall it to reinstall but all I get is a message "this version is already installed on your computer" in other words, it won't uninstall. I've restarted twice, still doesn't work.

Just when I was ready to sit down for a leisurely editing session. Ha ha.

Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted DxO and they sent me link to the 5.0.2 version, which I installed. That version did not appear in my PS either but the good news is at least I was able to uninstall this version so I could reinstall v. 5.0.0, and now I'm back to normal but have to live with the annoying upgrade message every timeI open Nik. I told DxO I think they have some work to do on versions beyond 5.0.0. Okay, three days later I can go back to processing those  4 images 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your information! How did you contact them, DxO? Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I purchased and installed Nik Collection 5.3.0 On my Windows 10 22H2 system.
But Photoshop 2021 22.0 and DxO PhotoLab 5.6.1 don't see it.
Then I tried to uninstall it, and it wouldn't uninstall.
I had to back out my system to an earlier Restore Point to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines