• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik Software and Topaz Plugins are not on PS CC

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the new PS CC but I can't find my plug ins for Topaz or Nik Software, can I not use them with CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Nik is working on an update, but users are working with older version of the plug-in I think.

From Nik:

On a Windows:

1. Make sure all versions of Photoshop are closed.

2. Run the Nik Collection installer from the file you received via email and downloaded. If you no longer have this file, you may email customer support (supportus@niksoftware.com) to have the file sent to you again.

3. During the installation process when you get to the Host Application window, you will notice a plus sign to add an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcin,

You are so right, the "squeaky wheel gets the oil" as we always say. I have just recently resolved an issue with Adobe over them performing credit card fraud agains me in the way of "un-authorized" charges against my debit card (more than once). I used twitter & their Facebook page till they begged me to stop and even then it took one month + to get them to stop billing me on a card that was no longer on my Adobe account. I still filed a fraud claim against them with our Federal Trade Commision as they truley did commit a crime. I also met with local news reporter at NBC in New York City and pleaded my case with screen shots and bank statements. The reporter is going to do a more broader investigation that may last several months as they search message boards and other places looking for more people just like us. There are so many people out there with horrible stories about Adobe, Google and more just taking there money and running. And Adobe just plays it off as "customer service complaints." Somebody at some point has to let these people know they can not do it.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a good solid class action lawsuite will make them wake up. Maybe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

snuggwizard wrote:

Maybe a good solid class action lawsuite will make them wake up. Maybe...

Include Google/Nik in that suit and count me in. They are both overstepping their bounds by leaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcin,

Nobody feels your frustration more than myself. Without going into lengthy detail I agree with all that is being said about both Adobe and Google (Nik). They have just gone too far.

Regarding Nik. Yes, they admittedly botched (beyond description) their latest update which had cause me personally to be without their plugins for over a month due to it crashing two of my systems and cost me hours upon hours of productive work time due to the fact that I had to trouble shoot the problem(s) myself. I know exactly why they are having the problems with their spyware software and most people if they really think about it do too. Think "Big Brother".

I have used Nik software since their technolody was introduced in Nikon Capture. The Nik plugins are nothing short of brilliant and are an integral part of my workflow. I along with many others felt completely betrayed when they sold out to Google. We feared the worst and Google did not disappoint. Nik is no longer Nik. Nik as we know it is forever dead. The true innovators of the Nik software packed their bags and retired with a fat check. What remains is the core software and bunch of unknowledgable, uninspired 20-30 year old somethings and their latest spyware software contribution ("Analog").

I have blocked all updates to Nik using my firewall so I recieve no updates at all. I am currently running the most stable version (for myself) which is V 1.007. Although there is a "friend" at Nik who has truly tried to help me and assures me that the latest version is "solid", I don't think I will ever install Nik/Google software again.

My advice is to install the most stable version for yourself and block Nik from updating.

Analog doesn't do anything that ColorEfex,a few texture layers and the minimum amount of creativity can't do so don't bother with it.

I also urge you to demand Google/Nik give us a CHOICE about what, where and when we choose to install on our machines.

Now for Adobe.... Don't worry, they'll get theirs

CHOICE

Ed

(Beta Testers = unpaid, unwitting employees)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed,

Thanks for your response on my 'letter of complaint' ;o) I think I will write one straight to the guys on top.
I know it's maybe childish and naive, but maybe if 10% of us having the same issue started to complain loudly here, on Twitter and on FB and sending e-mails to GoogleNik etc. they would finally start scratching their heads not balls. Excuse me if I'm too crude...

Thank you once again 'cause I thought  I was alone with my conspiracy theories ;o)

"Freedom of choice!"

Marcin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this problem today. I tried uninstalling then re-installing Nik, to no effect.

So I went to Google Nik Collection help and found the solution. It worked straight off (I had a filter that I do  not use, uninstalled that and that put the Nik collection at number 5 instead of number 6). Very pleased with the simple solution.

No response from Filter menu - Nik Collection Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't far out but thanks for the prompt. My Photoshop cc had just updated and I did not remove the old version (2018). When I went into the folder listed above, I had to select the 2020 file and add that, all went well. Thanks for the help, Rich.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines