• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon z50_camera raw

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Good evening. I own a nikon z50 with the lens dx 16-50mm, when importing photos into Photoshop-Camera raw version 14.3 does not recognize my lens profile, why is this? Neither manual in general are the lenses of the Z series. 
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jimmys22472361br34, As far as I can tell, that particular lens doesn't appear on the supported profiles list. https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

You used to be able to add your own profiles, but "As of 1/1/2018, the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader is no longer developed and is unavailable for download. Adobe's development team adds new lens profiles every release. You can also request for specific lenses here."

That is the notice on this page but I note the "here" link to make the request takes you to the Community home page (https://community.adobe.com). Maybe your post here is considered a request. Other users may have more guidance on how to ask for your lens to be included in new updates or workarounds. Sorry this isn't more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jain Lemos, Generally there are no lenses in the nikon z series, it is also reported that the nikon z50 is supported by camera raw 12 onwards. Will you be able to refer to adding the lenses of the nikon z series to Adobe support? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Nikon Z lens i believe has a built-in lens profile included in the camera raw file and that is why you don't see a profile listed in camera raw.

In the Optics tab do you see Built-in lens profile applied?

Screenshot-(950).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning Jeff arola, yes there is a built-in profile but for the jpeg files not for the raw. I've read how many sites don't report a problem in Raw files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To mention that I get the message Built-in lens profile applied when I open raw file, nikon has its own editor maybe it's locked for another program like ligtroom, Photoshop. Someone doesn't know what's true; 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines