• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Appearance panel in Photoshop? [2108]

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop CC does not have Appearance panel. Window menu also does not have Appearance menu item to open it. Shift + F6 also doesn't work. Is it broken? or the feature totally removed from Photoshop?

[ "2018" added to subject line by moderator, as this post from May 2018 is now drawing replies four years later ]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

The Appearance panel is a feature of Adobe Illustrator.

I don't think it's ever been part of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Appearance panel is a feature of Adobe Illustrator.

I don't think it's ever been part of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incorrect. The appearance pannel has also been a part of Photoshop for some time now.

This question shouldn't be labeled as solved just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2021 Only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Photoshop has a properties panel, not an appearance panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat Incorrect. Photoshop has an Appearance section nested within the Properties panel. 

When creating a shape look within the Property Panel for the Appearance section. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yt22193901pfbg_1-1639170066151.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, mine went away from a shape I did. Whenever I do a new shape it appears though. Kind of annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue it keeps dissapearring on me when i want to change the stroke on shapes... how do i fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like they originally merged Appearance into the Properties Panel, but have since renamed it "Shape Details".

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 7.57.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, what they did was add Shape Details as a new feature. You simply won’t find an Appearance panel in any previous version of Photoshop…again, Appearance is an Illustrator thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, ok....

Michael23736242agz1_0-1648150247717.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey...nice one! 🙂 I had not thought of the Appearance section of the Properties panel. In that way, you are right, there is an Appearance set of options in Photoshop.

But, and this is not to weasel out of it, but just to be very clear and precise about what we have been discussing: There has never been a separate Appearance panel in any previous version of Photoshop. They merely, as I said, added enhanced shape controls to Photoshop, and they are in a new Appearance section in the Properties panel. And the Properties panel is very new to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!  The appearance section of Properties is very far from the power of Illustrator's appearance panel, where you can create a full image from a single anchor point, or create dynamic backround for text, for instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change the color of a drop shadow for a sunrise corona effect, but appearance has disappeared completely from the latest ID, either in properties or elsewhere. Here's a how to form 2018: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/indesign/how-to/apply-color-effects.html.  no help anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @JFG5  you are here in the photoshop forum, did you mean to answer to any particular thread in the ID forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I was confused about where I was at that point. I was using ID,
PS, and Illy at the same time working on a corona and atmosphere effect
for a constructed planet. No alcohol involved ... just late and tired.
Thanks for reaching out. I did solve the issue in photoshop effects.
Nicely, too, for my modest expertise.

--
Jay Gamel
Kenwood, CA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just happened to me. In my case it was because I used ctrl + right click to modify the shape. In that moment the properties' *appearance* panel disappeared and then only *mask* is shown. When I tried to modify a shape in other ways there was no problem to modify it later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines