• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No puedo guardar imagen editada en Photoshop // Can't save edited image on Photoshop 2022 (macOS)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trasedit two photos consecutively, if I edit a third the program does not let me save it. If I close the program, losing the work of that third photo, and I reopen it, the same thing happens again. Has anyone had this happen and been able to fix it? Happens to me on a MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip and Monterey 12.6 OS

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for highlighting this. Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload to Creative Cloud files (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and share with us?
How are you exporting the files? What is the file format? Do you see any error messages when you try to save it?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

We're here to help; we just need some details.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your interest. I have an open incident with the code ADB-26191102-W2D5. There is all the information. What happens is that I cannot save a third photo after I have edited and saved two photos consecutively. I always save the photos from the "save as" in jpeg format. No error message appears and if I want I can continue editing the file, but it is impossible to save or export the image. The only option I have left is to close the photo, losing all the work done and close the program, because if I don't do it, any photo I try to edit cannot be saved. I hope that somehow we can find a solution. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are the images particularly large? what format? Where do you save, locally, network, cloud?

Do share the link to your system info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are not very light since they come from a Nikon D850 (sensor of almost 46 megapixels). I always edit based on the Nikon raw format (.nef). I save the edited images on external memory drives, but I have tried to save them to my computer or Adobe cloud, but to no avail. It always happens the same. The first two photos after opening Ps I edit and save without problems and the third in a row I can fully edit but I can't save it or export it in any way. Adobe help told me to turn on "save as old" in preferences and it worked for a while. But after turning off the computer, turning it on later and starting to edit, the same thing happened to me again.
The computer is a MacBook Pro purchased new on September 9, with an M1 Pro chip and 16 gigabytes of RAM. Monterey 12.6 operating system.
Thanks for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I edit the same files on a less powerful laptop.

Can you try  to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method (scroll down a bit, the link does not go to the correct location) :
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process.

Did you try edit>Purge after saving a second image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello again. The truth is that the first thing that was recommended to me from the Adobe help chat was to restore the preferences to their default settings and I did that, but this did not help. Then they recommended me to check preferences>file management>save as old and it worked for me in the next work session, but when I restarted the program the usual thing happened again. Following your recommendations I have put the preferences back to default and purged the cache after editing two or three photos and, oh surprise, this solution seems to work !! I will try tomorrow with a longer work session to see what happens and I will share the result here. Many thanks !!

Enviado desde Outlook para iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines