• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Save Dialog

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into this huge issue for the past month—whenever I've had Photoshop open for a while and I go to save the file (or export, or literally any other filing-saving runaround), no dialog window opens. I'm unable to save my work at all. I usually have to quit Photoshop (again, nothing asking me to save my file) and start over. Is there a fix to this? I'm losing so much of my time. 

Adobe CC - Photoshop v 23.4.1

macOS Monterey v 12.4  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultrm4bt0jhzjak 

Do you now — or have you ever — had a second monitor in use?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but want to reiterate, that nothing happens. If the dialog box was indeed off-screen, I would be able to hit "enter" or be hearing an error sound if a box did appear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the same, have a look in the other monitor.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Not over there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultrm4bt0jhzjak and @Muhammed5E44 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I want to save an image, I go to File->Export->Export As... then I click Export. But sometimes this doesn't open pop up any window. Anywhere I click it gives Windows warning sound and I have to force stop the Photoshop from task manager. Today I tried to open a file from Photoshop via File->Open, and no pop up window opened. And I had to force stop the Photoshop again. This doesn't happen all the time but is annoying. Thanks for any help. I'm using version 23.4.1 on Windows 10 19044.1766.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultrm4bt0jhzjak From your description, it sounds like UXP based dialog boxes are not appearing for some reason. Photoshop should go into a modal state when these appear, meaning you can't interact with anything other than the dialog box. So, if the dialog were opened, clicking on anything should result in the system giving you a warning sound and the application doesn't react. If that is the case, then we'll need more info from the system to better understand what is going on. But, as a workaround to preserve your work, you can enable Legacy modes to avoid the UXP systems. If you go to Preferences > File Handling, you can check "Enable lagacy 'Save As'" and you should then be able to get a dialog to save your work. Same with Export As, you can go to Preferences > Export and check "Use legacy 'Export As'" to continue to work. Let me know if this works as a temporary fix. But still provide the System Info report so we can check for any potential issues.

@Muhammed5E44 It sounds like the dialog is appearing, just not visible, since Photoshop is going into a modal state. In this case, it is most likely behind Photoshop. If Photoshop is maximized, you can change the window size by double-clicking the menu bar (anywhere in the blank area between the Help menu and the Min/Max/Close buttons on the right, those buttons won't work). Once the window size has been reduced, you can use the same blank area of the bar to move the window around and look for the Export As window. Clicking into the dialog should bring it forward. It is also possible that it is appearing off screen. If that is the case, try a Windows snap: hold the Windows key (between Ctrl and Alt) and click any of the Arrow keys. It should send the dialog to the side of the screen of the arrow clicked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

even when i went to change my settings to legacy save the box doesnt appear so i was unable to save the setting. 

is this a computer issue or a photoshop issue. im so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I opened a new thread, didn't notice it was a comment, sorry. Thank you for your answer.

@CoryShubertI've tried restoring the preferences before, it didn't fix the issue. 

@BrettN If this happens again, I'll try it, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BrettN  I double clicked the top area, moved the window but I could not see the window pop up. By the way, "Export As" window is visible, the unvisible window is the Windows explorer window where I save the file. Windows snapping didn't help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fix, however a work around could be to use a script to save the open files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Muhammed5E44 Since it is the Windows dialog that isn't showing up, try this: tap the Alt key, then press any arrow key, then tap the M key, and finally tap any arrow key again. What this does is it activates the dialog's Move function and attaches it to your mouse cursor. You should see it pop into position from where ever it may be hiding and it will follow your cursor until you click the mouse button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BrettN I tried it and it didn't activate the Move function. Actually I tried it on an open Windows explorer window and that doesn't seem to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of Windows, this trick would work with pretty much any app window. Now it only works with a few (those which have the hidden navigation menu which includes the Move command). One of the few that still works is the Save (As) dialog in Photoshop. If this isn't working, it suggests the window isn't opening. Perhaps there is a hidden error dialog instead. If you get in this state, does clicking the ESC key do anything to return you to normal behavior (you are able to click in the Export As dialog without a Windows warning tone)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BrettN Hi, tapping Esc key did nothing. I still get warning sound anywhere I click on Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this same issue, and everywhere you click you get a warning sound that you have an action waiting but no box appears to let you do anything. 

i have found after being frustrated and just pressing buttons that when it happens if you click tab and then enter it some how saves it , brings the box forward briefly showing itself, and then voila its saved and closed. but say i dont want to save something im closing, i have to force quit. 

its really frustrating, ive searched and searched for a video to help me reset or figure out what the cause it but nothing. and as for the other commenter saying if you have a second monitor, look there.... well no sh*t sherlock. i even unplugged my monitor to see if it would appear magically and no, its still missing, its still warning, and theres no warning dialog box appearing. 

im so frustrated by this and dont understand how its happening. if anything HAS ANY idea how to fix this, greatly appreciated. I work for a living using photoshop and this issue is causing me so much stress at work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines