• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No selection boxes around objects.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded from Photoshop Elements 14 to Photoshop 2020, and it's awesome - apart from 1 thing.
When I select a layer, it doesn't show a box around that object on the canvas, meaning I don't know which object is which layer (I title each layer, but when there's 50 objects on the canvas, and half of them are the same thing it makes it really hard to figure out which layer is which object.

The only way round it I've found so far is to go to View > Show > Layer Edges - but I have to do that everytime on every new project.

Anyone know how to turn the boxes on indefinitely?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

I don't know a way to keep that on permanently but:

If you are using the move tool, go to the options bar at the top of the screen and check "Show Transform Controls".

In the current version you can also Alt-Click on any layer, in the layers panel and the image will zoom to that layers content.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop.  This feature is on by default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit drastic dont you think? This feature is not on by default BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know a way to keep that on permanently but:

If you are using the move tool, go to the options bar at the top of the screen and check "Show Transform Controls".

In the current version you can also Alt-Click on any layer, in the layers panel and the image will zoom to that layers content.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem I couldn't find anything on it, but turning in the Show transform controls option fixed my problem. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It is working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1.

1. Move Tool - Show transform control tick

Solution 2 

On title bar it shows layer name - use layer name 

Solution 3

Press Ctrl+T for Transform control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your View menu without a document open and change your settings - this will keep them set instead of applying to an open individual document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a document open you can't select View > Show >Layer Edges . It is greyed until you open a document (at least it is on Windows)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh you are correct - it used to allow you to set up the view options before. Haven't had to change them in forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is grayed out regardless.  I used to be able to auto select a layer by clicking on it or see the box around it. Must be one of those updates no one needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Must be one of those updates no one needs."

No, I don't think that's it. Show us a screen shot of your options bar with the Move tool selected so we can give you a better answer for your issue. Also, please answer these questions:

• What exact version of Photoshop are you using?

• What Color Mode are you working in?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines