• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Visual Showing on my Video Only Audio

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a video in photoshop CC to start editing and putting videos together. However I am not seeing any visual part of the video only hearing the audio. I only get a transparent background. The videos were shot with my Iphone in 4K at 60fps. I then Dropboxed them to my computer and downloaded them and the files save as a .MOV. The videos play fine in the computers default video player Movies & TV app. I try this on my work computer and laptop which has a faster and better video card. Both are updated to the newest windows version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Hi

.Mov is a container. Within that container your video will be encoded using a codec for example HEVC, H.264 ..etc. Chances are your phone has used a codec such as HEVC which is not openable by Photoshop. If so you will need to convert the file before using Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

That does not sound like a typical experience, as the video is not displayed in Photoshop, could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working with?

Also, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Does it happen with other video formats?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

.Mov is a container. Within that container your video will be encoded using a codec for example HEVC, H.264 ..etc. Chances are your phone has used a codec such as HEVC which is not openable by Photoshop. If so you will need to convert the file before using Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this worked! I converted the video to MP4 and now I can see the video picture.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you’ve got the video working, as explained by Dave (maybe using Adobe Media Encoder), what is to be your final document format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size is your video file?

Do you have access to Adobe Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do but I do not know this program yet and I need to whip a video together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After upgrading to Photoshop V23 video files that had been created using a previous version of PS would no longer play only audio. Opened the same file within Photoshop V22.5.2 and everything works as expected. Video file type was MOV with imbedded audio. Seems to be glitch in the V23 build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines