Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No welcome screen/new file screen

New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

Just tried getting into photoshop today and the screen came up blank - I can open files, and the app seems to function fairly normally. I checked my other apps, this is true across all my CC apps. I have photoshop set for legacy to create new files but this is obviously not an ideal work around, what makes this really odd is it was working fine yesterday. I have attached an image of the error for the new file screen. Any help with the issue is greatly appreciated.error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Hi charliel12993001,

Sorry that the Welcome screen in Photoshop does not display. Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're using?

• The Welcome Screen doesn't display for people who are not signed into their Creative Cloud account with their Adobe ID. Instead, you see a dialog box that says "To use the Welcome dialog, please sign in to Creative Cloud."

• The Welcome Screen also does not display if you have something other than English set for the user interface language in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Hi!

Problem solved (after trying everything listed here) by following one tip here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html

Rename the UXP folder

Rename the UXP folder to ~UXP.

• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  • (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi charliel12993001,

Sorry that the Welcome screen in Photoshop does not display. Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop you're using?

• The Welcome Screen doesn't display for people who are not signed into their Creative Cloud account with their Adobe ID. Instead, you see a dialog box that says "To use the Welcome dialog, please sign in to Creative Cloud."

• The Welcome Screen also does not display if you have something other than English set for the user interface language in Photoshop.

Also, a general approach to quickly fix issues like these is to restore Photoshop preference to default. See Preferences in Photoshop  and let us know if resetting the app preferences helps?

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

See if this helps

The Start workspace is blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank everyone for the advice, still having errors. It seems that this occurred after a windows update. I also updated my graphics drivers at the same time. I might try to wipe the hdd and re-install on a clean system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, this is what it solved for me!

FOUND- SOLVED !!!!!!

Finally I found the solution in the logfiles:. A  missing 2.JS file!
I had an older com.adobe.ccx.start-3.1.0, so I copy and move the 2.js it too the com.adobe.ccx.start-3.2.0 map

LOG FILE
------------------------------------------------------------

[01/24/20 14:37:44][8264][Error] [general] Uncaught JS Exception: Error: Error: Failed to load script file: ././js/2.js Failed to invoke the stat. File Path: C:\Program Files\Common  files\Adobe/UXP/Extensions\com.adobe.ccx.start-3.2.0\\js\2.js

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Problem solved (after trying everything listed here) by following one tip here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-home-screen-issues.html

Rename the UXP folder

Rename the UXP folder to ~UXP.

• (Windows) Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\UXP
  • (macOS) Navigate to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou so much I've had this issue for days now and this worked!! Thankyou!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PERFECT! IT WORKS!!!

Thank You SOOOOO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youuuu!!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot find the UXP folder on a newer Mac Book. 
how can i search for it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ther, i made a fix for my class mates, sins we are on a school network and they downloade the adobe programs in bulk, they forgot to add Creative cloud, i instaled it from ther pages closed and opend photoshop again, and it worked all as intended by The Man Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the UXP folder foes nothing for me.

Neither does unselecting the "use GPU" box.

Neither does resetting preferences.

Neither does checking the "auto shoe home screen" box.

I still get nothing but a black screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WAS SUPER HELPFUL! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines