• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nodejs node.exe vulnerable in Photoshop 2023

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Endpoint protection systems reporting node.exe in PS2023 as vulnerable (EOS). Please advise how to update. Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may not be any vulnerabilities, depending on how Adobe used the node framework and their customizations. Components are updated as part of the regular application update process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the work around dates back 1.5 years. Even then no one stated whether this worked or was an approved workaround. An article from around the same time period stated that they were able to use node.exe to execute code. I came here looking for answers to OP's questions as well since I would hope Adobe keeps their products up-to-date and patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/trust/security.html

You could always drop a line to their security team for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up renaming the current node.exe and replacing with the latest from nodejs.org. I sure hope nothing breaks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you report back in week on how that went 'set7914309laxf'? Did you notice anything breaking in PhotoShop or anything else weird?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines