• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not opening correct workspace when opening photo from LR

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue since I got an M1 Mac a few months ago whereby whenever I open PS by bringing over a photo from LR to edit, it opens the default workspace in PS, rather than my custom workspace.  None of the "legacy extensions" are available either.  The only way to get my workspace and extensions back is to reboot my computer and open PS with a photo before opening LR.  When I have PS open with a photo, I can open from LR without any issue.  Any idea what could be going on and how to remedy the issue?  Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one version of Photoshop installed? It sounds like LR is opening a non-native version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back so quickly Jeffrey.  I only have one version of Photoshop installed.  It is running with Rosetta 2 emulator in case that matters.  I have Mac OS 11.6 operating system. I double checked and, both times it opens the latest version 22.5.1.  Any other guidance to help get to the bottom of this?  I really appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell that it's running in Rosetta in both cases? It really sounds like in the case where the extensions aren't loading, it's running natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to tell if it's running with Rosetta for each?  Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes!  This may be the problem.  When opening from LR, it opens without Rosetta.  When opening directly beforehand, it opens with Rosetta.  How can I correct this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Lightroom in Rosetta. Apps don't work well between the two worlds for cross-app workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have lightroom running with Rosetta.  I double checked the activity monitor and it is indeed running with Rosetta.  Any idea why it would open up a non-rosetta version of photoshop and how to get it to open up the Rosetta version?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to ask. Are you running Lightroom Classic? or Lightroom (cloud)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom Classic version 10.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey- just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to find out any info?  I updated the most recent PS and LR and the issue still persists.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- I haven't heard back yet on any possible solutions.  Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still waiting to hear back Jeffrey (or anybody with a solution!), now 2 months out since I initially reached out  Issue above still occurring.  Please advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines