• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nudge by specific amount

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id like the ability to nudge by the amount I set in Preferences. Say 128 or 256px

There currently doesnt seem to be a good way to do this

Aligning is no good as the layers have different dimensions

Snapping neither, same reasons, I dont want to snap anything to anything, i just want to move things quickly left, right, up, down by specific amount.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried recording action or writing script? You may be able to get ready made script on some forums including this one, try to ask for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could record an action, but since you can only assign Function keys to actions as hotkeys, something that goes left, right, up and down would be very unpleasant to use. Perhaps this is a good feature request for Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly did you set the nudge? Did you post in the Photoshop forum by mistake?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wante to ask if its possible really, if not, I will try to make it into a feature request as I find that a functionality that should defo be in PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps something like this?

https://morris-photographics.com/photoshop/scripts/move-layers.html

Or perhaps Filter > Other > Offset which can be recorded into an interactive action. You can then use the "last filter" keyboard shortcut to continue to "nudge" in the same direction.

Or move tool with arrow key or shift + arrow key for x10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, yes it would be good to simply have this built in as nudge, because moving by 1px and with Shift by 10px is not very useful for texture makers. PS does not give the option to remap the arrow keys, which are ideal for this anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, check for and or make a feature request at the following site (not at this site):

Submit product feedback

Googling didn't really add any surprise workarounds:

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/94520/photoshop-using-keyboard-to-move-layers-more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Transform and enter the amount to move in the Options bar. make sure the delta button is clicked to show relative offset.

Screenshot 2021-07-27 142633.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines