• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nudging an Object toggles history states?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today a student of mine pressed an arrow key to nudge an object, and was sent back in her history MANY steps. This occurred seemingly at random, repeatedly, and always to the same history state. Even *after* quitting photoshop completely and reopening the document. Does anyone have any insight into why?

This was CC2019 on a new MacBook Pro running Mojave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you go back ANY history states after closing and reopening? It doesnt save the history in the file, so there is no history states to go back to. Or do you mean you repeated steps and it did the same thing again? If that is the case, was she hitting only an arrow key, or was there any other key hit at the time? Was an actual layer selected in the layers panel or were they highlighted on something in the history panel and "nudging" through their history?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It remembered the file’s history even after quitting and relaunching, which definitely isn’t supposed to happen, but it seemed to anyway. A layer was selected along with the move tool, and she didnt press any additional keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that is different to say the least! Have you tried it with the same file on a different computer to see if it does it there as well? If it does, you need to contact Adobe directly because that is one crazy anomaly. If it doesn't happen on another machine, I would say the easiest thing to try first is to reset the preferences in Photoshop. If that doesn't do it, I think your best bet would be to uninstall photoshop and reinstall.

In case you need help resetting preferences...

1.     Open the preferences window.

2.     Click on the General tab

3.     On the right side of the window, toward the bottom, there is a button that says "Reset Preferences on Quit", click that.

4.     Close down Photoshop, wait a few seconds and restart. Then see it it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens to me all the time and I loose my progress! This isn't a fluke. How to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines