Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NYS Ed Law 2D compliance w/ students and iPad/Photoshop use

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a Digital Art and Animation class where I would like my students to use Photoshop on their iPad. But, my tech support is saying that Photoshop is not complaint with user information collection/use regarding our students. Is this CORRECT? Adobe has to know that their products are industry standard, and teaching students how to use the applications only makes sense.

Does anyone know about this? Or a fix for a school in New York to use Photoshop / Lightroom on a student iPad?

Thanks - K

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Hi,

Your IT dept. or whomever at the school manages your software purchaes and use should contact their Adobe Sales rep or CSM and they will be able to talk them through the details in their ETLA contract.

Assuming your school uses Enterprise licensing with non-Adobe ID accounts, data collection is disabled by default.

I hope this helps you move forward with your learning goals using Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that practically every app does this nowadays but it can be shut off. See more here:

https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

War Unicorn,

I hope that Adobe will chime in with either YES, we do follow Ed Law 2D compliance, or NO we have no interest in following the restrictions in place. Specifically regarding Photoshop/Lightroom use on student iPads.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless Adobe is running a very sophisticated clandestine operation, this sounds very far-fetched and unrealistic.

Almost everything you have on your phone these days can track your activity in detail. It seems reasonable that the same goes for iPads. A Norwegian newspaper recently mapped the physical movements of users of a common training app, entirely through open sources. They found their names and where they lived!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with not trusting Adobe - this is New York State Law regarding personally identifiable data collection and our school district students. As minors, their data needs specific and deliberate methods of handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here will know. You need to contact Adobe support via their edu reps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Your IT dept. or whomever at the school manages your software purchaes and use should contact their Adobe Sales rep or CSM and they will be able to talk them through the details in their ETLA contract.

Assuming your school uses Enterprise licensing with non-Adobe ID accounts, data collection is disabled by default.

I hope this helps you move forward with your learning goals using Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines