OBJ files with print in PS

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have some issue related to PS v235.

Working on iMac. MacOS monterey v 12.0.1

I create carbord shelf in our drawing program Kasemake, then i generate a 3D obj with print on. I export it as an OBJ file and the program generate several files, including MTRL file.

When i then open it in PS i only gets the object without the print. 

Is there any way to get the OBJ file with the print into the PS. I know that i can push in the print as a label but that will take me to long time to get it right. 

Is there any setting i need to change or something?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OBJ files are 3D files. 3D is deprecated and is being removed from Photoshop. The last version recomended if you need 3D functions is v22.2

Please see the Adobe article here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thanks didnt know. 

I have the same issue when i try to open a OBJ file into Adobe dimension. is there any path around that problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an .obj file and an .mtl file with the same name in the same folder then Dimension should open it OK.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you just want a print, cannot you simply export a tiff or PDF from your 3D application?

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines