• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Selection Tool Freezing in Photoshop 23.1.1 on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Object Selection tool freezes in Photoshop 23.1.1. and is threfore unusable.  All the other selection tools work fine.

The Object Selection tool, as well as everything else, works perfectly and quickly in Photoshop 22.5.5

I have a Windows 10 PC with an Intel Core i7 CPU @ 3.07 Ghz

I have 12 GB RAM

I have a Nvidea Quadro K2200 Graphics Card

Help appreciated. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by resetting your preferences.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop while using the Object selection tool. As melissapiccone suggested, try resetting the Preferences to check if that helps. You can check out the steps to reset preferences of Photoshop here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Also, please ensure you have the latest Windows updates installed on the computer along with the latest drivers for the Nvidia Quadro K2200 from Nvidia's website. You can also try disabling the option to Use Graphics processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, relaunch Photoshop before testing.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not help me. I am having the same problem in windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please disregard. Resetting the Preferences worked. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines