• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

oil paint filter

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since the latest update (23.0.1) my oil paint filter doesn't work anymore. It converts the image to BW and the oil paint effect is nonexistant. I run windows 10, I tried unflagging "use open cpl", nothing worked. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

23.0.2 has been released, I don't know if upgrading fixes it, but give it a try.

With the Oil Paint dialog open, press the Alt key. "Cancel" will change to "Reset"  Click on Reset.

About the only issue with "black boxes" was caused by GPU acceleration turned on in Adobe Camera Raw.  unchecking may help if not, no harm done check it back on.

The Oil Paint FAQ lists "Use Native Operating System GPU Acceleration." in GPU Preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/oil-paint-filter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-11-21 11_43_23-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this didn't work 😞 I discovered in the meantime it doesn't always convert the image to BW, sometimes it just ads big black blocks on the image, which change when I move the sliders. The oil painting effect is not there though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.0.2 has been released, I don't know if upgrading fixes it, but give it a try.

With the Oil Paint dialog open, press the Alt key. "Cancel" will change to "Reset"  Click on Reset.

About the only issue with "black boxes" was caused by GPU acceleration turned on in Adobe Camera Raw.  unchecking may help if not, no harm done check it back on.

The Oil Paint FAQ lists "Use Native Operating System GPU Acceleration." in GPU Preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/oil-paint-filter.html

And of course check the GPU troubleshooting FAQ

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Things like updating drivers from the GPU card maker and being sure in a dual card system to use the higher powered one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I updated the driver and finally it works fine!

thank you!

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines