Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Photoshop -move to another pc

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CS5(.1) on Windows.

Yes, but installing to another pc it is not that simple, as it was an upgrade, from cs3.

Now Adobe wants that old cs3 serial too, and when getting it, do not like it. So?

Has somebody found a email that works in these firms?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

The issue is the CS3 activation servers have been unavailable for a few years now, there is no way to verify the code for upgrading to CS5 in this manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the actual answer to serial is: " This serial is valid, but a qualifying product cannot be found on this computer "

No wonder, as I try to change the photoshop to another pc. Empty pc hardly has guessed I'd like have a phoptoshop and guessed the valid serial for it 😉 -So, Lisbeth Adobe wants me to put in the empty pc an older phoptoshop, and the newer over it. Hope Lisbeth then likes the cs 3:s number... No wonder there is some of us, who rather has illegal versions than use a week of her time to be a good guy..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to your account on Adobe.com?

It has a purchase history if you bought the versions direct from Adobe and will list the license keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they rememebered the cs5.1 serial, and that was the same I had, but thats all, account did not give the cs3 serial. I do have it, but  registering do not like mine. Perhaps thats is as they do not register cs3 any more? But, whattodo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually their De-activating does nor work either. Perhaps better like that, then I have one machine where Adobes old thing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no email for support, support lasts only 5 years from release, and I don't see how Adobe could help you if you've lost your CS3 serial. It was important to keep it safe. You DON'T need to install CS3, just use the serial number as the "qualifying product".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are wrong. I have my CS3 serial Adobe does not have my cs 3 serial. Do not blame me what Adobe has done, lost my serial. I have adobes paper here, which has bot win and mac serials for the software. They do not support these theis numbers, and you are saying that I am the crooked one? ;-D

They actually try now to sell me cs6. I guess as I like so much of their job this far? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They want 179,99$ for the joy of them loosing my serial ;-D

Blackmail in it's best...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of trying to pump money out of me, they should give me a standalone cs5 serial, which is no upgrade. But, as they seem to want, I'll check the Paint shop pros prices..as so many ohers do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems almost certain you are talking to SCAMMERS. There is nothing Adobe sell for $179 that will solve any such issues. They do not sell permament licenses at all, but scammers pretend to. Adobe would refuse to help, and suggest you get a subscription.

If you have the CS3 and upgrade CS5 license, and the CS5 installer, you are set to go (assuming you have a compatible system). Let's start again. What happens when you try to install CS5, and when asked for a license you give it the CS5 license? And it then asks for a qualifying product, and you choose CS3 and enter the serial number from CS3? Please show screen shots of messages (without personal info).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed they were trying to sell you CS6. It is ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you have been in touch with criminals, rather than Adobe. Adobe haven't sold CS6 for years, not to anyone for any reason. Never Google for tech support, all the big companies have these parasites waiting to scam genuine customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be. mail was from: AdobeHelp.Care@outlook.com

"Adobe Systems Incorporated kirjoitti 29/11/2022 klo 11.51:
> Photoshop CS 6 Upgrade will cost you after all the discounts US$179.99
>
> Normal price for new customer CS 6 is US$699.99
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
"

vesa27340501ii4y_0-1669720719848.png

vesa27340501ii4y_2-1669726954426.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Adobe uses the adobe.com email address. please report them at: piracy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mail was from: AdobeHelp.Care@outlook.com

that's NOT an official Adobe email address - anAdobe email address should always end with @Deleted User

neilB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder who you have been talking to for support? Adobe haven't sold CS6 for years now

neilB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sure was a scammer. He is here. "

Tim Fleck.. to vesa27340501ii4y
Nov 28, 2022
Old Photoshop -move to another pc

Welcome to Adobe Support Community

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
AdobeHelp.Care@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported the account and the email address to the Admins. DO NOT engage with this scammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never sold CS3 with Mac and Win serials. It was one or the other. Sounds like you got scammed on CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be that too. It still worked ok from year 2008, and was ok for Adobe...till this day when they do not have my serial. Or anyone elses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or your CS3 serial number was flagged as pirated so it was deactivated. No telling with something that old what could have happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there was no worries when I installed that cs3, only that there is no any kind on possibility to acticvate that anymore, it was the cs5 which did not take the serial of cs3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is the CS3 activation servers have been unavailable for a few years now, there is no way to verify the code for upgrading to CS5 in this manner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only advice is to move on. Whether it's Photoshop via Creative Cloud or one of the myriad other image editing applications, you're more than a decade out of date with CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who cares, my car is 11 years old and my wife 62 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have it your way. I'm outta here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines