Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Ongoing Export As / Save for Web issues

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on an M1 mac mini using Big Sur, and all Adobe CC apps are up to date (Photoshop updated today and retested (Nov 1/21). This issue has persisted since I purchased the mac mini in January of this year. No backups were loaded on to the machine, so there are no prior versions beyond what has been installed in 2021 from CC.

• Save for web (legacy) does not work. It says "Operation could not be completed, a permissions error occured". I checked and all folders on this machine are read/write for this account. I would not need this version if Export As worked properly...
  • Export As: will not save to a specific location - it always defaults to Documents regardless of how many files I save. I have tried every combination in Preferences, it always defaults to Documents.
  • There seem to be no presets available for Export As - is this the case? I have to choose the settings every time - Save for Web used to remember what your last saved file used, so if you are doing several files in a row you could just check and save rather than have to redo all settings.
  • There seems to be no way to include Export As in an Automate sequence for Batch processing, but you could for Save for Web.

The above issues add a good chunk of time every time I need to use Photoshop, so I would appreciate some guidance - maybe the workflow has changed and I am missing something, but the new export features seem really inefficient.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?