• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to import raw files on mobile

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t import a simple Nikon Raw (.nef) file into photoshop iPad. The foto is on my iPad I can open it from files app but photoshop is not able to import!!!!!

Idea Released Locked
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

You can now import raw files directly into Photoshop on iPad, without needing to go through the Lightroom app. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/camera-raw-file-support-ipad.html

Enjoy!

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Importing of raw files is now available via the Lightroom iPad App.  Please see https://blogs.adobe.com/creative/june-2020-photography-releases/ for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 123 Replies 123
123 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah one would think this would have been a priority for a program called PHOTOshop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity is SO painful to work in for me at least.  There is zero intuitiveness with the layout of that app,  Lightroom is the better choice for now.  At least PS on mobile can do layer masks...that’s huge for the moment. I don’t know of u guys remember an app called Photoforge....this was eventually bought out by Yahoo and they killed it for some reason years ago.  This app was like 10X stronger than this PS mobile is and that was almost 10 years ago I bet now!  Photoforge2 actually was it.  U could do masks and all kinds of great editing.  Wish. That was still around it would have crushed all these apps by now guarantee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a XQD reader from Gnarbox and now I guess only good that is for really is if I shoot my D850 in jpg plus RAW to play it safe for the interim.  I do have affinity which I hate and Lightroom mobile so can save out raws there for interim until Adobe gets their priorities straight a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not having camera raw dialog box is deal breaker for me too and smart objects and smart healing brush tool.  I can’t work without those 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there even unsharp in this version?  So much has to come hopefully they really good at rolling out features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I cannot open my raw photo in iPad photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening raw files isn't yet supported in Photoshop for Mobile. See this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-for-mobile/m-photoshop-mobile-ability-to-import-raw-files/t...

You can go here to vote for this feature to add your voice:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-for-ipad-can-t-import-normal-nikon-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wait photoshop for iPad for years and very disappointed with photoshop co.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is camera raw? Is it on the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you release this app without something so basic as DNG Support, and you charge for this app? Is Photoshop still classed as a professional tool?
I just spoke to one of your agents who thought it would be a good idea for me to suggest adding the feature on this forum. If you need me to suggest DNG support, then something is very wrong Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making photoshop without raw support is like making a new car without wheels. It’s not an idea under consideration it’s the very foundation of your program. This is utterly unacceptable and if I wasn’t tied into a 12 month contract I would have dropped this whole thing in an instant. There is no excuse for this other than you threw an app together at the last minute to keep people happy, Well it didn’t work and people are angry and trying different programs. Terrible cash grab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom on iPad can import RAW files, but Ps cannot...Is this coming soon?
Alternatively, is exporting to tiff rather than jpeg from Lightroom on iPad coming?
This would be acceptable as Ps on iPad can import tiff files.  I know I can convert on my laptop or desktop from RAW to tiff but that does not benefit a mobile workflow using iPad and I'm not aware of any iPad app that will convert RAW to tiff.
Any update appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to have raw support,

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having issues adding RAW DNG (DJI mavic) pictures to Photoshop on my IPad!

any ideas on how to fix this?

many thanks 

TomCFC165D0-A444-44B2-9309-1D1FE96327FE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supported file formats for placing photos in Photoshop at this time are :PSD, PSB, TIFF, JPG, and PNG. Raw file import is not currently supported.

Thank you for letting us know what features are most important to you. You can add your vote for this feature here: RAW support for Photoshop on the iPad

Merging with 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-for-mobile/m-photoshop-mobile-ability-to-import-raw-files/t...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When van I download my Raw photo’s on IPad Pro photoshop,now It’s online jpeg..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the very minimum, support Adobe’s own DNG format.  Many of us use the RAW converter app on a PC to convert to DNG so camera specific conversion on the iPAD is not critical now.  It should not be necessary to downgrade a photo to import and use into PS for iPAD.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open RAW photo files on the iPad photoshop app. However an error message displays advising of unsupported file format. 
The raw files I have tried are lumix RW2 and Pentax DNG. 

What file types are supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would really like the ability to import RAW files into Photoshop for iPad like I can with Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your kidding right, within the next year?  The app was supposed to be out “last year.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to edit camera raw or even converted .dng files in Photoshop Mobile would be really nice. A camera-specific, downloadable file from a selectable menu from inside the Photoshop app itself would be great. Then, only the needed files would be downloaded to the pad. Converting the raw file to a workable, in-app .dng by translating it when imported might work too. Once the raw is opened, photoshop would convert the file to the workable, in-app .dng or proprietary raw file, with the ability to save it as a tiff, jpeg, png, and more. Hoping for the ability to work with raws soon, excited to see the how it would unfold or how the Photoshop team would make it work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen. Creative cloud storage for lightroom is ridiculously priced and I refuse to waste my money on adobe storage when apple’s iCloud storage is actually AFFORDABLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that iPad photoshop doesn’t allow for raw files makes it completely useless and powerless. The photoshop app is not any better than the free amateur apps offered at the App Store. I think it’s sad we waited so long for an app that is basically useless made up of features found in any other photo editing app in the App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider adding raw file support for photoshop for iPad!! Would like to not have to edit photos in Lightroom then transfer them over to photoshop to continue workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. I purchased an iPad so I could edit images when travelling and in the field - a laptop is too much to carry. It’s my own fault for not doing enough research, but I’m gutted I can’t import .ORF (RAW) files, and surprised adobe have released something unfinished and lacking in file support. So many tools missing as well!! I can’t see the sense in subscribing until these issues are addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate