Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenGL enabled document window error

Participant ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

(before starting i would like to say that I did search for this error, and there were other posts but I dont think i've seen one which tackles dual monitors issues, so that why i'm re-asking specifically for my situation)

I'm getting the error "OpenGL enabled document window error" every time I try to use the rotate tool.

What's unusal is that my setup is dual monitors (actually a monitor and a wacom cintiq, which is a display only)

When I use it on my normal monitor it works fine, but everytime I either extent my display, clone it, or any form shifting photoshop onto it, i'm getting this error.

So basically it works where I dont need it (small monitor) and fails where I need (cintiq)

Both monitors are feeding from the same nvidia GTX card, both via DVI. I've tried also HDMI but nothing changed. Shifting ports on graphic card didnt work either.

To be honest I didnt put my hopes up much since I think OpenGL works one for the entire card and not per monitor.

any help how to set it up properly?

photoshop options remains the same, it will just work or not even by just dragging the window from the monitor or cintiq

tnks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely sounds like a driver issue. Nvidia released new drivers last week, if you haven't tried them already. Might want to try a complete uninstall and reinstall of the drivers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

havent updated the driver recently so will try nvidia's latest driver,

as for that article i will read it and try following it tomorrow, so will keep you updated in the coming days.

To eliminate the dual monitor issue I've tried setting the cintiq as the primary and only "monitor" and it still gave the same issue, thought i'm not sure if that counts as a single monitor setup.

in any case will try the driver and article suggestions (if any, once read) and will place updates

tnks

meanwhile any further suggestions still welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dual Monitor drivers can cause issues in Photoshop. Here is a site with some helpful tips:

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines