OpenGL Problem Mac - Monterey

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I updated to Monterey and I updated all my CC apps. Just discovered that I can no longer use Rotate Canvas in Photoshop. I use this all the time, so would really like to figure this out.

I’m getting the message: Could not complete your request because it only works with OpenGL enabled document windows.

I have an iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 with an AMD Radeon Pro 580 (AMD)

Running Monterey 12.01

Photoshop 23.0.0

I looked in preferences under performance and I only see an option for OpenCL (not GL). Turning it on or off doesn't seem to make a difference. Turning the graphics processor on and off doesn't seem to make a difference. (I did quit and restart Photoshop.)

I've tried doing searches on this, but the cases I found didn't seem directly related. I did see something about older graphics processors not being compatible? I'm trying to see if there is an update on AMD, but they all seem to be for Windows. I'll have to contact them. Wondering if it's time to upgrade my iMac.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's working now! I turned off Use OpenCL and restarted Photoshop. I swear I did try this before, but now it's working.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines