Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Images in latest version

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the most recent version of PS and now when I open an image, it displays some form of auto enhanced image.  Some form of enhancements are applied as well as sharpening.  Saving the image without changes does nothing as expected.

My question is, how can I toggle this auto enhancement on/off?

Also, I like what it does to the image.  Is there a way to save the image with the enhancements applied?

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jerry25445039su73 wrote:

...when I open an image, it displays some form of auto enhanced image. 

Can you tell us if you are using Photoshop or Photoshop Express? We also need the version (not "latest"). You can find it in Help > System Info.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.4.2 20220711.r.603 aa147b3 x64

Thanks,

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.4.2 20220711.r.603 aa147b3 x64, it displays some form of auto enhanced image when a new image is opened.  Some form of enhancements are applied as well as slight sharpening.  Saving the image without changes does nothing as expected.  Its seem to be for viewing.

My question is, how can I toggle this auto enhancement on/off?

Also, I like what it does to the image.  Is there a way to save the image with the enhancements applied or a way to find out what was applied to the image?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your graphics driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics driver was updated 2 or 3 days ago without change.  This only happens in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip as I do find it very helpful.  However, this did not resolve my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post screenshots of EXACTLY what is changing, show us what kind of files (everything? JPEG? PSD? RAW?) and your History panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines