• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening layered image does not show layers by default

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sure it its a 'bug' or a 'by design' new feature but I find in annoying.
When I open an image containing multiple layers in PS, the layers are not displayed in the layers panel, until you click the layers panel.

Any info/work around other by clicking on the layers panel each time? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not having the issue on my end with Photoshop version 23.0.1 on Windows 10, can you post a screenshot to highlight the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first screen short is when the image is first opened. The second after clicking on the layers panel 
Photoshop Version: 23.0.1 20211105.r.68 96a498e x64   on Windows 11

snap365.pngsnap366.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are issues with Photoshop version 23.0.1 on Windows 11, Adobe recommend not running Photoshop on Windows 11, more info

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Personally I will not be updating to Windows 11 for the foreseeable future, there's just to many bugs with it and the interface is awful, it's like Windows 8 only worse, Windows 10 is supported until 2025 so no reason to upgrade, Photoshop along with all the other Adobe apps work fine on Windows 10 as with all the other apps I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've obviously not used Windows 11. The interface has hardly changed, Its very stable and offers far better security now than any other OS. This gltich with the layers panel not updating automatically on loading a new image is the only issue I've found with any application, assuming its a windows 11 issue, the root cause is no doubt down to adobes sloppy implientation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the root cause is no doubt down to adobes sloppy implientation."

Adobe have not implemented Photoshop for Windows 11 as yet, sloppy or otherwise. In fact they recommend not to use applications on Windows 11 until they do. To quote Adobe from the document linked below " We are still testing and optimizing our other apps to make them fully compatible with Windows 11, and will update this document as more apps become compatible. We recommend that you run your Adobe apps only in operating systems and hardware platforms as noted in the system requirements for your apps."
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

Another reason not to update is that color management is broken in Windows 11 (not just for Adobe). Eizo also recomend sticking with Windows 10 until that issue is resolved by Microsoft.

https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/compatibility/software/win/windows11/

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its sloppy implimentation that leads to problems when porting to different operationg systems and adobe are notorious for not following the standards. Just look at how Photoshop grabs the focus when running other programs and its running in the backgroud. If you set it off to do some batch processing for example and decide to get on with somrthing else while it runs in the backgroud it will grab switch focus to itself - thata totally unnecessy and an example of sloppy programming that they've never bothered to correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You've obviously not used Windows 11"

I actually have tested Windows 11 and that's why I'm back on Windows 10, as I said all my apps work without issue on Windows 10 and Photoshop is recommended to run on Windows 10 and not Windows 11.

Windows 11 has no benefits to me at the moment, as for security, I've never had any security issues running Windows for the last 20 years, my PC's have never been infected with any virus/malware and that's down to been vigilant about what you do online, no OS will ever be 100% secure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines