• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Options besides Crop and Straighten for separating images?

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a bunch of images like this: Pokemon Game Tiles  That I need to crop out and save individually. I have tried using the crop and straighten feature but that doesn't work well, especially because they don't need to be straightened. 

I'm fine with using a script if someone can write it for me and briefly explain how to do it. I've used actions before too.... I'm using an action to save and close the windows after they're all cropped out. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

There are Scripts to split elements from one Layer to separate Layers and one could then either use File > Export > Layers to Files or amend the Scripts. 

The fragile elements with holes might pose a problem, though. 

https://photoshopscripts.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/split-to-layers/

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/isolating-groups-of-pixels/td-p/4042904

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please actually provide one of the images, either post it directly on this Forum or provide a Link. 

Because it seems to me that you have not provided a proper description yet – file format, existing transparency or not, …? 

And, quite frankly, the sentence 

I'm fine with using a script if someone can write it for me and briefly explain how to do it. 

seems close to presumptuous to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I appologize its my first time posting in these forums and I lost the first draft of my post so I was frustrated when I rewrote it and much briefer in words.

let's use this image as an example: 

4B6FFC4B-7C12-4D37-B7DE-E292E3E2356A.png

What do you think is the best way to seperate each item since the Crop & Straighten feature is not working for this?

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are Scripts to split elements from one Layer to separate Layers and one could then either use File > Export > Layers to Files or amend the Scripts. 

The fragile elements with holes might pose a problem, though. 

https://photoshopscripts.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/split-to-layers/

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/isolating-groups-of-pixels/td-p/40429...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! Okay that sounds like it will work for the most part. I'll do that and post here again if I have any problems besides the ones with holes in them. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a couple of regulars on this Forum who have more Scripting chops than me, but they might overlook this thread, so if you should need to customize one of the Scripts maybe start a new thread and tag it as script-related. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines