• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

options not showing up when using fill tool

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to use the content aware fill tool, but after i make a selection using the lasso tool, on a layer that is neither a smart object or the background layer, and try to go edit>fill, i get no further dialogue box and just end up with the eyedropper tool.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @garrett22946815n9lc. Welcome to the Photoshop Community. I'll help you figure this out.

What version of Photoshop & the macOS are you working on? Please share screenshots of your Photoshop interface to better understand the issue.

In the meantime, ensure Photoshop is in the default state. Go to the location of the preference folder below and rename it to backup. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

• Windows 10/11: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
  • Press Windows + R & type this is the Run Window - %APPDATA%\Adobe
    SameerK_0-1681417286801.png
  • Rename the Adobe Photoshop folder by adding a .old at the end. (Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Rename > Adobe Photoshop 2023. old)

These changes will give a fresh start to Photoshop as a fresh install. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thank you for being willing to help.

i am using the latest version of photoshop and running windows. 

i have made a custom workspace and changed keybinds so if possible i'd really rather not start from scratch. if i go to edit>content aware fill that works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional info. Could you please share the system info of Photoshop from Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > attach & share here?

The screenshot looks fine but does not show what is missing. Are you missing any of these options from the Right Click menu?

SameerK_0-1681419594118.png

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what tool to use or where to right click to try to see that menu. when i right click i don't see any of those options

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

also i should mention that after trying to edit>fill i get stuck on the eyedropper tool and have no idea how to get off of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines