• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OS X: Photoshop not posting thumbnail previews in Finder or metadata for Preview...?

Engaged ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I work in ad production builds and QA is a big part of what I do. Right now Photoshop is not functioning properly. When I save certain files it's not posting a preview thumbnail, nor is it providing any metadata or details of the PSD. 

I've checked Preview Options in Finder (Icon Preview only toggles for some).

I've checked 8 vs 16-bit. (as you can't save to BMP with 16)
I've checked Color Profile, nothing seems different

I tried the whole Activity Monitor cancel "com.apple.quicklook.ThumbnailsAgent" bit...it doesn't help.

What's annoying is the some images work and some don't. I can't tell for the life of me why one does and one doesn't. 

Has anybody had trouble with this at all? Does anybody know why this might be happening? It would really be nice to see the PSD previews of my thumbnailes.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did recently make a small discovery. I'm not sure why, but turning off "Save As" legacy in Prefs>File Handling has turned back on the thumbnail preview action upon Save. So there's something with "Save As" legacy that sucks.

I initially did this because Adobe did the awfult thing of not allowing double-clicking Enter to auto-save over files in Save-To-Web. I persistently have to reach for the mouse and select "Yes, I want to save over the thing". ...100 times a day. I found out recently that's just a Mac OS Finder thing. I so wish they would remove that, and just let me double click Enter to save over images. CMD-R is a weak altternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And if you instead, save it as a TIFF? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines