• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

out of gamut warning is grayed out for sRGB

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set the proof set up to sRGB, no matter what I do with the image, the out of gamut warning is grayed out in the menu. I work with Nikon .NEF files in Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB color spaces. If I switch proof set up to CMYK, out of gamut warning is not grayed out and PhotoShop shows out of gamut colors. As I increase saturation out of gamut color regions grow which makes sense. But when I switch back to sRGB proof set up, no matter how much I saturate colors out of gamut warning is still grayed out. PhotoShop release is 22.4.2.

Has anyone observed the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t reprouce the issue. 

Please post meaningful screenshots to illustrate. 

Screenshot 2021-07-18 at 11.48.58.png

Edit: Sorry, the last screenshot did not show the Proof Space. 

Screenshot 2021-07-18 at 12.18.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vadim50B8 wrote:

If I switch proof set up to CMYK, out of gamut warning is not grayed out and PhotoShop shows out of gamut colors.

That makes sense, as the phrase "out of gamut" refers to a range of colors that cannot be reproduced within the CMYK color space used for commercial printing. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but obviously it should work for sRGB too, as long as the file is in a color space bigger than sRGB. Not at my workstation to test now.

All that said, gamut warning is pretty useless because it doesn't tell you how much. Soft proof is much more practically useful, although it does require a wide gamut monitor, preferably covering the document color space in full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines