Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Convert to Video Timeline option missing - Apple M1 devices

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to select anything but "Create Frame Animation" in the Timeline. I am trying to create a Video Timeline, but not using Frame animation. This option isn't in the bottom left or top right of the Timeline menu.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and re-installing, creating a new document, and converting all layers to smart objects, and none of those have worked. I have a macbook pro with macOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 with an Apple M1 chip.

Thank you for the help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021
I think it's because of the M1 chip. Photoshop recently become M1 native but not all features are working yet, and this I think is one of them.  Refer to this for more info Photoshop for Apple Silicon I think for this to work you must force Photoshop to open with Rosetta. Later you can switch it back once you're done working with video.

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix it!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been driving me crazy, and I've wasted a lot of time already. I hope there's a solutions soon!Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 11.46.25 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here...so disappointed and angry...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS SUCKS, PLEASE FIX IT!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

August 26, 2021 and still no fix!!!! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 12.59.40 PM.png

This worked for me!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the right answer! Worked for me too❤️🙏🏻👍🏻:rose:

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrating - wasted so muhc time researching this - thankful for y'all!  Sept 7 ... still not working 😞 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this issue, it's September now!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's sucks. They took also the option to render a video on After effects.... 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you clarify in regards of what you do mean with AE?

I think you might also have to run it in Rosetta 2. Native support will first appear in a beta version. See also : https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

The M1 processor is a new architechture to support, it takes time to flawlessy port programs that are millions of codelines to a new codebase.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Fix it 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE FIX THIS. I need it for a class I teach. Desperately looking for a workaround. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've given up and ordered a new imac 27 inch which still has an IBM chip, my new (in April) macbook hasn't been used as I had to move back to my old 2015 Imac. Adobe should have made much more clear that Photoshop was not working fully on the new chip, people make important financial decisions based on software compatibility. Six months later it's still not made clear which important modules are missing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed?? It has been a year.

Reverting to old software is a horrible UX and not a solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix it, its september and still nothing...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, i have the same problem on my new m1.
I solved it for now by downgrading to version 22.00 !!!

ciao 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no fix for this?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much frustration, this solved the problem for me. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue and Adobe gave me this answer (screenshot below) and it worked perfectly 🙂 So, yeah, opening with Rosetta seems to be the only work-around!

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 12.59.40 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have discovered that to edit video clips using Photoshop 23.0 on an Apple Silicon M1 machine, the program must be opened in "Intel" mode using Rosetta 2.  I had hoped this new version would have enabled video editing functions under the native Apple Silicon mode.  Photoshop runs very fast under native mode compared to "Intel" mode under Rosetta 2.  Does anyone know when native video editing capabilities will be available for Apple Silicon users? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Import > Video Frames to Layers been removed in Photoshop 23? Or is there an alternative? 

Trying to make gifs! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you on an Apple M1 processor device?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines