P: Photoshop 2022 can't open jpg/raw file...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there....

I use the Macbook Pro 16" Apple M1 Max with 32GB RAM.

After updating the macOS 12.5.1, I found out that I couldn't open/import the jpg and raw file in photoshop (but I can open/import jpg file in Ai...)
Once I open the photos with Photoshop, it will crash...

(and I even cannot open Lightroom...)

Can anyone tell me what's happen... I've tried to use previous version before but not work.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

I eventually gave up and this was fixed for me by creating a new user account on my Mac. This was a last resort, but I needed to get work done and didn't have time to keep trying to troubleshoot.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chun hangl37448508 sorry to hear this. Thank you for supplying your crash report(s) on this, will have the team look into it to see what might be going on. 

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the exact same issue on an M1 iMac.Photoshop will open, but I cannot open any type of image file without the application crashing.

Used CC Cleaner, reinstalled the MacOS... Nothing will get Photoshop to open images. Spent hours on with Adobe remote customer service and even with them taking control of my machine... they could not determine the issue. Would sending my own crash report help with this? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@veepeedeepee yes, please share your CR so the team will have more info as they research this.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash. 

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should I submit it if I don't have the option? All I have is an "Adobe Photoshop quit unexpectedly," and nowhere to submit the crash report to Adobe. Thanks for your help on this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for this @veepeedeepee.

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

-- Cory

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue about 3 days ago and still unsolved.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Anyime I open a JPG, Photoshop crashes.

Computer: 3 month old 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max w/32GB memory. macOS Monterey 12.5.1 (latest non-beta version).

Photoshop versions tried: 23.5 (current) & 23.4.2, BOTH Apple silicon & Intel Rosetta translated versions.

Creative Cloud says Camera Raw is up to date.

Regardless of size of JPG or extension (.jpg vs .jpeg), Photoshop crashes immediately. PSDs & PNGs open without issue.

I've uninstalled Photoshop compeltely, verified Photoshop is removed from /Library/Application Support, and reinstalled.

I'm at a loss at this point on what to do.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CoryShubert ....
I've finally received the updated version of Photoshop, and I can finally open the png file. But jpg and raw (like cr2.) still cannot open...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually gave up and this was fixed for me by creating a new user account on my Mac. This was a last resort, but I needed to get work done and didn't have time to keep trying to troubleshoot.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sound stupid but if it is work, this is the only way to let me try....
But are you using the same Mac without resotre/ update the mac?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines