• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.3.1 freezes when using the Crop Tool

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not crop an image in PS 2021. Whole program freezes.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-64819}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an enormous amount of trouble with this as well. Tried checking off the "use graphics processor" option but no go. Trying to downgrade now. Creative Cloud is way too expensive for this kind of nonsense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue today. That's two major PS issues in the last couple of months. This is supposed to be a premium product but lately it has been quite less than a premium experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered this today,  AMD RADEON HD 7700, intel i5 3rd gen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing that worked for me was going back to 22.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the app there's a little menu to the top right of each program that you can open and load previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very simple.

1. Open Adobe Creative Cloud

2. On the Photoshop listing, click the 3 dots on the right

3. Select "Other Versions"

4. Choose the version you want to replace the current version with

That's it!

Agree...pain in the neck. I can't imagine how they didn't find this major bug in their testing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I use PS 22 is when I mistakenly click on it. I exclusively use PS 21 at this point. PS 22 is a disaster.

I have a suggestion for Adobe: include code that, when the software crashes or freezes, a timer starts that tracks the time it takes to get back to where the user was when the software failed. Use that timer to calculate a credit for user downtime, and at renewal, discount the subscription. Also, automatically include an additional discount for users who are renewing their subscriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is preferences>performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Edit menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
It's under the 'Edit' item in the main menu bar at the top of the screen.
Cheers,
Martin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop freezes when I try to crop an image after Windows update this morning. 

Windows 10

Photoshop CC 22.3.1

Is there a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

may be you know whats the problem. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too..  The whole program locks up.  Downloading another bug fix install now to see if that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto with mine. As soon as an image comes out of RAW into PS, it freezes up. There's no escape other than opening task manager and shutting PS down with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having not used PS for sometime until today I find I have exactly the same problem.  Reverting to version 2.2 was the only solution that has worked for me.  Given the date that this issue was first reported over a month ago I am staggered that a proper fix has not yet been provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how to revert? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Help Center Chat told me to revert to 22.2.7 and that fixed the problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.  In system info I get the notice that GPU snifter crashed 4/11/21.  Under preformance my video card is 'unknown' and use GPU is greyed out.  LRC works fine on same machine.  Revert to earlier version allows work, but not what we are paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021 build 22.3.0 locks up whenever I use the crop tool. Also, in preferences/performance, PS tells me it detectes an error in my display driver. I have the Intel UHD Graphics 630 with the latest driver (27.20.100.9316) and Microsoft tells me it's working properly. I'm having to process pictures in PS 21.2.7. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The box for use graphic processor is greyed out and I cannot place a check in the box. I updated the graphic card driver but still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to 22.3 (instead of 22.3.1) and it's all working again. What a bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I go back to the 22.3 version ??? could you please let me know,thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Creative Cloud, under Apps, uninstall current version and install
older version. Three dots next to the OPEN button lets you choose versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines