• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.3.1 freezes when using the Crop Tool

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not crop an image in PS 2021. Whole program freezes.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title, PS-64819}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.4 which should include the fix for this issue. To update Photoshop to the latest version, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

For information on other issues fixed with this update, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 179 Replies 179
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help but as I’m no user of Cloud it won’t work for me system tells me “one or more plug ins are not available on your system” this 22.3.1 up-date is a disaster and don’t understand why it has not being fixed by now looks like I will drop PS and return to Affinity Photo.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as updatet to 22.3.1 crop tool does't freeze but only leaves some pixel left, no matter the size of thje crop. Tried to uncheck grapic processor but no difference. Can not chose any level above basic. NVIDIA GTX 1070. As crop doesnt work without grapic card it should be blamed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know the fact that we have to change our settings to accomidate Adobes mess up is really dumb. Also note it went away for a while and now its doing it again lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe wants to keep blaming the Graphics card.  It's not the fault of the graphics card, it's the fault of the software written to crop a photo.  Why they think that if everything else works except cropping, that it could be the fault of the graphics card, is beyond me.  Here's an idea...correct the code for cropping!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that the "Create a duplicate layer" work around fixes the problem reinforces what you say: IT'S THE SOFTWARE! Nothing wrong with the graphics card if this work around fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I couldn't get any of the suggestions on this thread to work until I tried cropping a PSD instead of a JPG. Then it worked just fine. A dumb work-around, but still got the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same problem with my latest PS 2021 version the system just freezes and I have to restart my computer so now using the 2020 PS version and all works fine on the old system,there seems to be a problem with the 2021 version,can it be fixed ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here crop tool just freezes despite checking the "checking Graphic Processor" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here after the last update, very annoying. I can still crop in the Raw editor so for a while I can use this as a workaround, but I really hope this get's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to 22.3 and it's all working again...please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what is going on with my crop tool in the lastest PS.The whole program freezes on and off,it was working fine this afternoon now its dead again,never had a problem with the 2020 version of PS,this 2021 version drives me crazy is there no one who can fix it ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here,this new version seems to be a disaster,have gone back to the 2020 version which has no problem regarding crop tool,what seems to be the problem ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone back to 22.3 (instead of 22.3.1) and the crop function is working again...serious bug imo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue - option to check use graphics processor unavailable - older Nvidia Quadro 410

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Same here, but what is funny happened few days before, RAM usage is jumping to 50% level and PS is frozen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the crop tool issue. Please make sure the Graphics Processor is turned on in Photoshop preferences. Go to Photoshop> Preferences > Performance tab.

If the Graphics Processor is greyed out in Photoshop preferences then do the following:

• Try updating the Graphics Processor driver from the manufacturer's website.
  • Recreate Photoshop preferences using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3 Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

If none of the above steps worked then, you may roll back to the previous version of Photoshop 22.3 via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Thanks,

Mohit 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the graphics processor and the problem is still there. The box is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here the problem must be somewhere else.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not happy with this "kind of" solution, just fix it in a 22.3.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same "solution" posted at the beginning of the issue. Just
tell us you're working on it, cause if you're not, I know you've lost one
customer. The whole point of subscription software is to be kept up to
date. If I wanted to use old versions I could do it a lot cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody understands why they are not working on this...or just ignore us??? Unbelievable!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don´t make it to our problem. It's unacceptable that we have to change our settings. It is apparent that the error is made by Adobe that´s we them have to solve this issure - NOT WE!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they at least working on a solution? Because it seems like they're just ignoring it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They seem to do nothing about this major problem...end of Photoshop???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines