• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update [2020]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hi all,

05/20 update: We have resolved another program error issue while dragging assets from libraries to the artboard in Photoshop 22.4.1 update. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4.1 version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know your feedback.

Here's how you update Photoshop to its latest version: Update Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1058 Replies 1058
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is a known issue with Monterey and second screens: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos12-monterey-known-issues.html

IIRC Some fixed it by setting their internal monitor as the main one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disconnected the monitors, and also set my Macbook’s internal monitor as the main one. The dialogue showed up, but without the actual Save buttons, and Save As doesn’t work, either, so I still can’t save a file to my computer with Photoshop:
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 7.38.40 AM.png
Thank you for the information and for trying to help.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

For the moment I continued working with [Affinity — link removed] and carried on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the same different application as well as  [Gimp — link removed] for the time being. Two major showstopper bugs in one release causing me to waste hours with lost work and troubleshooting - makes me want to pull out my old CS5 disks and revert in a major way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you turn off dark mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing. Select, choose Crop, freeze the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried turning off dark mode and I still can’t save files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue with the 23.0.2 update, any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After tried everything - some solutions worked for days, other for hours - I found a definitive solution. 
Two weeks working without freezes on opening or creating new files. 

Go to preferences, DISABLE SYNC PROFILES
CLEAN ALL DUPLICATE PATTERNS AND BRUSH FOLDERS. 
DON'T ENABLE sync profiles anymore.
Create new interface custom profiles. 
Delete old interface custom profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I don't know what is happening.. I cannot work like this. Photoshop always giving me "Program errors" when i want to save.. I already went back to version 22.5. Still not working. I can save again, when i restart my lapto (mac book pro 2019). It works for about 30 min to 1 hour and then the problem occurs again.. I can't work like this!! Restarting every 30 min?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines