Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Save For Web error A write permissions error has occurred Photoshop 22.1.1

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using the PS 22.1.1 version and when I try to save for web I get the error. "Adobe Save For Web Error A write permissions error has occurred " 

Any help?

{Thread title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Hi there,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the permissions related error when you're trying to save a file using the Save for Web option in Photoshop.

Thanks for sharing the version info. Could you please let us know the macOS version you're working with?

Could you please try granting Read and Write permissions to the Adobe folder at the locations mentioned in the link: Required permissions for Photoshop

If that doesn't help, then try creating a new user account on the Mac & let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Hello,

I just solved this problem on my Mac by doing 2 things. Unfortionately I don't know which one solved the issue, but you can check individually if you have this problem.

I disabled Dropbox Backup (Documents and Desktop) und uninstalled GoodSync. Now I can use 'Save For Web' again!

I have a feeling Dropbox Backup Desktop was the issue. Have a try.

Hope I could help....

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

You are completely right, I was the one that said the problem originated in Dropbox. If anyone does not know how to unsync the backup from dropbox, here's the procedure:

Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac). 
Click your profile picture or initials.
Click Preferences.
Click the Backups tab. (Previously Import tab)
Click Manage backup. 
Uncheck the folders you’d like to remove from Dropbox or toggle all files to Off. 
Click Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling Dropbox backup for desktop and documents worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when this will be solved?

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.11.07 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friend! Try this, for me worked. In menu, Photoshop/preference/general/RESET PREFERENCES ON QUIT.
😉

Try-this.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still ain't work. 

Why Adobe won't even try to fix it I can't wrap my mind around it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only thing that worked for me (other than the Preview in Browser trick), and it's worked twice (since this just started happening again).

Sucks to have to setup your workspace again.  But the suggestions from Adobe of creating a new admin account or removing and reinstalling is unacceptable.  The reinstalling is not too bad, I guess, but create a clean user account and migrate over? That's not an acceptable "solution" by anyone's standards, and, as we've heard, it doesn't always work.

I am a fellow Dropbox user, and do wonder if that's part of the issue. It's weird that I get the error no matter where I go to save, whether it's a DB location or not. I turned off DB backup in addition to clearing preferences. Let's hope Adobe finds the actual issue and fixes it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried every fix on this thread, not a single one has worked. Adobe, come on - I've got work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Queso Grande, how did you unistall your photoshop copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did it via the creative clud app, then did it by deleting everything via cleanmymac, then reinstalled a version from a year ago, did just about everything. The final thing that fixed it was adding the photoshop app folder to the list of "full disk access" items in the security system prefs. All of a sudden it was cured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsyncing dropbox/resyncing worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, that didn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have found the fix, and believe me - I tried everything. If you're on a mac, follow the directions I put in this screenshot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that screenshot seems to be on and off with working. If it doesn't load for you...

1) go to system preferences "security and privacy"

2) click the unlock button in the lower left and use your password
3) click "Full Disk Access" in the left window pane
4) go to the finder and inside your application folder find the "Adobe Photoshop 2021" folder (not the app, the folder that the app is inside of)
5) drag this folder to security and privacy system prefs, into the right window pane
6) quit phostoshop, fire it back up and then try to save for web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it didn't do the trick for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.

Once I've entered the system's library what do I need to do to grant access?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Slim Media - worked for me too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having the same problem.

Photoshop: 22.4.2 

I'm trying to create a GIF and when saving below error:

Screenshot 2021-07-07 at 14.36.46.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@slimMedia Thanks, it was the dropbox issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started getting this issue yesterday and it's very frsutrating. I've just updated PhotoShop and it's stiill happening. It just suddenly started happenign yesterday. It doesn;t matter where I try and save the file either. I've tried different folders on my computer, the desktop, my external hard drive (which I've never had an issue with). All these locations I've used daily to Save For Web for, well, at least the last 2 years!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018), running MacOS Mojave, and Photoshop V22.4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add - I have just rolled back and installed PhotoShop V21.2.10 and there is no issue saving for web to the same locations using that version at all. It's definitely not a permissions issue - and is definitely an issue with V22.4.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved this (for now) by doing the following. I've just started experiencing the issue with V22.4.3 and earlier V22 versions.

I've re-installed and updated Adobe PhotoShop 2020 - V21.2.10. Works perfectly fine with that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

I think this is the thread I replied on earlier in abject frustration. I am using PS 22.4.3 on an M1 MacMini (16GB RAM/2TB HD) I was getting this error from the first time I used it. I uninstalled, reinstalled. I wiped the disk, set alternative admin logins and looked around in vain trying to follow that stupid Link that has been offered as a solution for this stupid problem that revovles around resetting or setting permissions that every other version of Photoshop has managed to do just fine on its own.

ALL TO NO AVAIL.

I caught mention from a poster - not sure who it was who mentioned that they were backing up their desktop. I realized that I was also backing up my desktop with DROPBOX (I work on several machines so its helpful to do this). As SOON as I disabled BACKUP DESKTOP AND DOCUMENTS in Dropbox, I could go back to using the Save As function as normal.

I dont know why (other than permissions that take over in DropBox to allow for persistent Desktop backup) but it didnt work before I disabled and it worked after so....

Anyway, fair is fair. I was whining about it when it was happening, so thought I'd share my experience with how I stopped it. 

Hope it helps out, it is a frustrating error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are completely right, I was the one that said the problem originated in Dropbox. If anyone does not know how to unsync the backup from dropbox, here's the procedure:

Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac). 
Click your profile picture or initials.
Click Preferences.
Click the Backups tab. (Previously Import tab)
Click Manage backup. 
Uncheck the folders you’d like to remove from Dropbox or toggle all files to Off. 
Click Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above answer that @Jorge Fdz. has given is correct (at least for me). Apparently when DROPBOX has BACKUP (for Desktop, Documents and Downloads) initiated BEFORE Adobe PhotoShop "asks for permission"... it looks like it blocks it. It appears (to me) that DropBox prevented the initial "permission ask" the first time until BACKUP was disabled. After it had permission... it played nice.

I had two computers BOTH running exact OS Monterey 12.1 and PhotoShop 23.1.0 but ONE could not SAVE AS FOR WEB. That's because the other one was new and I had already installed DropBox before I installed PhotoShop. 

NOTE: After I "unchecked DropBox backups" and did a SAVE FOR WEB... Adobe PhotoShop asked for PERMISSION. Once I clicked ALLOW... I was able to SAVE FOR WEB. I then turned back on DropBox BACKUPS and PhotoShop still allowed me to SAVE FOR WEB after that. 

I have attached screenshots that might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jorge Fdz. @ThinkMattClark THANK YOU!!! I have tried so many "fixes" but this actually worked...FINALLY!!! I'm thrilled! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm also that this is to do with Dropbox syncing, and the process above works.

You can turn sync back on afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines