• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to download Colorize filter under neural filter Photoshop 22.4.3

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colourize neural filter worked fine yesterday,but today it's asking me to download it. It of course will not download now,and just stays grayed out. The other Neural filters work fine. I've updated to 22.4.3 now,but still the same problem. I've changed nothing from yesterday to today (except for the update) and I rarely use any of the other filters but use the colourize all the time. I'm using windows 10.

{Moderator note: PS-65043, Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

ok figured it out. For some reason my computer was messing up posting this as a reply.  Basically delete the previously downloaded colorization filter which is no longer see's but is preventing the download of the latest one.  The known issues / workaround gives you the folder they are in.  

%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\

PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery 

Put that into windows explorer.  Then go into that adobe.nfp.gallery and delete all the folders that have coloriz

Votes

Translate

Translate

in the adobe work around, where you go to verify the %temp and etc.  

I made my own post with what i could get through the filter.  It gets all mad if it thinks you are posting a url, and the file path looks like a url to the filter.

So, the work around tells you where to go to verify.

Then go to that same folder, and you'll find it...better yet here is a screen shot of the location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

delete all the colorization folders and then download the plugin within photoshop and it'll work, or it did for me at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Found the solution:
Delete all Adobe folders in these folders (Local, LocalLow, Roaming). you can access these folders by pasting following address in explorer. You will be able to download the filter after deleting temp adobe folders.... 🙂
%USERPROFILE%\Appdata

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out, and posted how to fix it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a post with your fix. Could you please detail the steps for the fix please?

If it involves making sure the OS environmental variables for the %TEMP% and %TMP% directoried are set to the system drive, I've already tried that and it did not correct the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It keeps filtering out my reply so i posted my own post with the work around.

Basically, delete all the colorization folders that already exist and redownload.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand this...you mean deleat all the images I've colorized in the last few months?...I can't do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just any folder that has colorize in the title in the APP folder.  It is described at the top of this thread. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...I know what you mean now...where are those folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the adobe work around, where you go to verify the %temp and etc.  

I made my own post with what i could get through the filter.  It gets all mad if it thinks you are posting a url, and the file path looks like a url to the filter.

So, the work around tells you where to go to verify.

Then go to that same folder, and you'll find it...better yet here is a screen shot of the location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete all the colorization folders and then download the plugin within photoshop and it'll work, or it did for me at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm - thanks so much for your advice and instructions! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok figured it out. For some reason my computer was messing up posting this as a reply.  Basically delete the previously downloaded colorization filter which is no longer see's but is preventing the download of the latest one.  The known issues / workaround gives you the folder they are in.  

%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\

PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery 

Put that into windows explorer.  Then go into that adobe.nfp.gallery and delete all the folders that have colorization in the name....then go into photoshop and click download on the colorization section of the neural filters.

That worked.

A simple fix, but one that would be best served by automatically deleting them when you update photoshop cough adobe cough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I deleted both colorization folders in the directory and was able to install the colorization filter once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Being new to Windows, it took me a bit navigate to where I needed to be but learned a bit more about PC opperating system. Works now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know who labelled this as a 'correct answer', but for those of us who are photographers, graphic designers, etc this is not a satisfactory solution. I don't even see these files. They are hidden system files. The best solution for all of us would be an update with this problem fixed. This is what we pay for with our monthly fees...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user that created this thread marked it as correct answer. It shouldn't be final solution though, but workaround, so unless the issue is not fixed you won't find better answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah...it's frustrating sometimes that Adobe lets their users figure out workarounds instead of issuing a quick PSA and then immidiately fixing the problem. Or perhaps I just missed that PSA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's meaning of PSA acronym, 'Public Service Announcement'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your'e genius. It works. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works, thank you sooo much William, Adobe should hire you. This along with Adobe not supplying color profiles for my Canon R5 and doing a crummy job on raw processing have me kinda pissed off at them lately. Thanks again for fixing this,it's much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, i've never liked lightroom or adobe camera raw.  I swear by dxo photolab, especially given the noise reduction.

Its not a photoshop replacement or anything, its just a better raw converter.  

The automatic lens profiles are nice too.

Adobe Camera Raw doesn't do a horrible job, but i loathe lightroom for its bloatedness like nothing else.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, worked like a treat. Thank you William5C1F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for this information! this fixed my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good workaround - I renamed the files I had just to be on the dafe side

The 3 I saw were 

colorisation-local-hints-v2

colorisation-v2_1

Colorization

I renamed them by putting an x in ront of each and download kicked in

Come on Adobe sort it out properly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the files let the cloud download happen and Colorization works
again.   Thanks for the wisdom.  You'd think Adobe would beta test
updates, but, seems they are too busy doing something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thank you....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you thank you so much!!! works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines