• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Unable to download Colorize filter under neural filter Photoshop 22.4.3

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colourize neural filter worked fine yesterday,but today it's asking me to download it. It of course will not download now,and just stays grayed out. The other Neural filters work fine. I've updated to 22.4.3 now,but still the same problem. I've changed nothing from yesterday to today (except for the update) and I rarely use any of the other filters but use the colourize all the time. I'm using windows 10.

{Moderator note: PS-65043, Edited the thread title}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

ok figured it out. For some reason my computer was messing up posting this as a reply.  Basically delete the previously downloaded colorization filter which is no longer see's but is preventing the download of the latest one.  The known issues / workaround gives you the folder they are in.  

%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\

PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery 

Put that into windows explorer.  Then go into that adobe.nfp.gallery and delete all the folders that have coloriz

Votes

Translate

Translate

in the adobe work around, where you go to verify the %temp and etc.  

I made my own post with what i could get through the filter.  It gets all mad if it thinks you are posting a url, and the file path looks like a url to the filter.

So, the work around tells you where to go to verify.

Then go to that same folder, and you'll find it...better yet here is a screen shot of the location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

delete all the colorization folders and then download the plugin within photoshop and it'll work, or it did for me at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Found the solution:
Delete all Adobe folders in these folders (Local, LocalLow, Roaming). you can access these folders by pasting following address in explorer. You will be able to download the filter after deleting temp adobe folders.... 🙂
%USERPROFILE%\Appdata

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks William

I tried your way and couldn't find any folders with colourization in their name so I deleted a suspicious Microsoft file 000011.ldb in the folder 23 not 22 and it worked. Thanks for the starting point for finding a fix to not being able to download the Neural filters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The colorize fileter in the neural filters worked just fine. I loved using it. Now it appears the an updated version is required. Clicking on the Download button produces no results. Just blinks and stays blue.

Restarted Photoshop severl times as well as Windows. Nothing seems to help. What next?

Can I uninstall Photoshop and re-install it? Perhaps that may enable the download?

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

colorize is not available for download in the current version of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does download for the Mac version and is at the bottom of the list. Is this what you see under

Filter > Neural Filters... ?

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 10.21.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't download According to the attached video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video did not show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at my Windows 10 laptop to see if I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will wait for your reply. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately my laptop cannot run the latest 22.4.3  I'm going to do a downgrade to 22.3

Have you tried signing out, restarting Windows and signing in again to your creative cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, no luck here. I use MacOS and there are many Windows users here but you can also check with: Adobe Photoshop Family

Good luck,

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It works here in Photoshop v22.4.3 with Windows 10 v21H1

See the help article below re- temp file locations, it may be worth checking on your system.

Neural Filters feedback and known issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been using the colourize filter to colour my old photos successfully for a few months. After the update, was requested to download to filter again - which it refuses to do. Just blinks when clicked on. One of the other filters downloaded ok.

Whate could I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to the most recent update, I could use colorize.  However, it will not download even if I run as administrator.  Windows 10.  PS 22.4.3  

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious, try resetting the Photoshop preferences to see if that sorts the issue out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got is working!!!

1. By re-naming the "PluginData" folder to"PluginData-Old" in:

Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\
PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData

2. Opening Photoshop and re-downloading all of the available Neural Filters.

Working GREAT now!

P.S.

You can delate the PluginData Folder too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my pc does not have that folder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might state that you need HIDDEN ITEMS ticked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've having issue that my photoshop can't download it into my panel 
Did anyone of you facing the same problem? Thanks. 

raymond5E99_0-1627313697138.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am having the same problem with the colorize filter.  Initally, it was working fine when I got the updated 2021 Photoshop.  For two weeks, everything went fine.  I colorized a number of the family photos.  Over the weekend, I had a couple more that I wanted to colorize.  And I noticed I had to download all of the Neural filters again.  But this time, the colorize will not download.  So I am assuming that this beta version is being worked on in the Cloud.  I will wait and try again later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that it worked for you. I just re-named the folder and downloaded all new Neural filters.

Down side of the new and improved Colorize filter is that placing color spots on the colorized image nolonger works. Used it a few times in the past with mixed results and now it's out to lunch. Just reports filter error...

However, I am super thankful for the way it works. I have tones of mostly gray toned picks from the fifties and sixties to colorize...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too solved the issue.  I did a File Search using the PluginsStorage as my key word.  It found the folder where you can drill down and find the words colorize, which I deleted.  Then I went back into Photoshop and was able to download the colorize filter.  And it worked!  Thanks for the community board where you can find a solution to your problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked..!!! Thanks

Emmett Fitzsimmons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem

this worked for me...as mentioned in other posts

went here: %USERPROFILE%\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery

opened PluginData folder

removed every folder with the word "Colorization" in the title ( I had 5 of them)

restarted PhotoShop

opened a random image

went to the neural filters

and was able to download the colorization plugin, and use it

...but it seems that Adobe would have noticed such a problem, before sending out the latest update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked for me!!! Thanks!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines