• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paintbrush buildup seems like its capped?

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I overlap a spot multiple times in a single stroke the build up seems to stop at 50% or something.

Is there something i can change so that the buildup will continue untill the stroke is fully opaque?

Also, this isnt the case when i overlap multple strokes ei lift the pen from the tablet and draw a new stroke over the old one.

What i would like is say with 100% opacity and flow and aplying 30% pen pressure, then in a single stroke the overlapped spot will become fully opaque in 3 or 4 passes of the same stroke with the same pressure applied.

I hope that makes sense.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

It would be really helpful if you could upload a screenshot of your Photoshop Window with the brush panell open so we can see your brushes and your settings, and please also include the Options bar in the screen shot. It is hard to give you a definitive answer without seeing this information.

Also, what version of Photoshop are you using?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I'm attaching a screneshot that should explain better.

Im using PS 2022

I'm not sure i know what you mean by the options panel though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I'm guessing this is working as intended in PS?

It would be great if we had the option to tweak this in the brush panel somehow.

Corel Painter has this kind of build up in some of its brushes and in my opinion it feels much more natural.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact the entire workspace might be helpful so we can see layer blend modes and opacity, and the Option Bar settings for the brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've attached a screneshot in another reply.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines