• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panels resizing themselves at vertical divider

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened panels docked in vertical strips (for example, Navigator, Color, Swatches, and History in one vertical strip), and I drag the dividers between them to get the sizing I want. But often Photoshop will resize them, even if I lock the workspace. It's extremely annoying because I have to waste time to drag those dividers again to get the panel sizing I want. This has been happening for a while--maybe a year or so, and with multiple versions of Photoshop (I try to keep it updated to the latest version). 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LunatiqueRob 

Can you show a before and after image of your panels so we can see what you are seeing?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are screenshots showing before, and after. Before, you can see I had the color picker sized to be roughly a perfect square. Then later, Photoshop just automatically resized it to be a longer rectangle. This time, it was only the color picker, but usually the Navigator, Swatches, and History panels would also get resized too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll mention another problem I have here (which I started another thread for), because they might be related. You can see in these screenshots how the brush presets panel opened up behind the image. Another screenshot also shows the same problem in full-screen mode, and we can't see the brush presets panel at all, even though it's activated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" problem in full-screen mode, and we can't see the brush presets panel at all, even though it's activated. "

Navigate mouse to the left side and Toolbox will appear. Another way is to press Tab. Toolbosx is not visible in Full Screen Mode on your screenshots you have Full Screen Mode With Menu Bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think what you're suggesting is the problem, because, look at this screenshot. This is in fullscreen mode, and the brush presets panel opened up just fine, and hitting the tab key doesn't affect it in anyway, other than the default action of hiding/showing all of the GUI. As far as I know, tab key cannot affect just one specific panel's behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it seems I do not understand your problem. Hovewer, Tab key will display/hide panels, menus and toolbox in Full Screen Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new screenshot, the brush presets panel behaved correctly, and it's because I rebooted Photoshop, which seems to take care of the problem. But having to reboot every time it happens is very annoying. When the brush presets panel doesn't open up when click on it, is when it's glitching (as shown in the first set of screenshots). When it glitches, the brush presets panel will be hidden by the image, regardless of what screen mode I'm in. I would have to move the image out of the way to be able to see the panel that's being hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get all your panels and such set just right save the positions by going to Window>Workspace>New Workspace, so you can easily reset the panel positions whenever they get out of wack.

Locking the workspace only prevents panels from being moved, not from resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That unfortunately doesn't work. The workspaces will only put the panels in the correct spots, but not resize them to the original sizes when I first created the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reseting preferences what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

I am testing on Win latest Ps version and everything works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have reset, uninstalled, and reinstalled--all at the suggestion of Adobe's tech support, but the problem persists. And it's not something that happens consistently--the glitching is random. But once it glitches, it'll remain that way until I reboot Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines