• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panels showing on Photoshop homepage - how to fix?

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the Lumenzia plugin and noticed afterwards that the Lumenzia panel and my regular Layers/Channels/Path panel appears on the home screen.  This has never happened before and despite much searching I cannot seem to find how to fix this issue.  If anyone has any constructive ideas I would be most grateful.
Windows 11
Photoshop V23.5.1
Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry - I'm not really understanding where you mean you're seeing these. Can you please provide a screenshot? 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure my earlier attempt got through.  Attached is a screen shot of the opening screen of Photoshop.  On the right side the Lumenzia plugin panel is showing through as well as the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D R Smith 

Floating panels always appear on the Home Screen; docked panels do not. Can you dock the panels and try again?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had docked them and the layers panel never showed on the home screen until I installed the Lumenzia plugin.  Maybe I'm doing it wrong.  It's worth looking into.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Window > Workspace > Reset [current] Workspace. That will dock the group with the Layers panel. You may have to drag the plugin to the drop zone (blue line).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I ended up doing - and so far it appears to be working - is that I created a new workspace - Lumenzia Workspace.  Prior to creating it, I docked the Lumenzi plugin to the Adjustments and Properties panel.  So we will see if this holds.
Thanks for the suggestions and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome @D R Smith !

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are just floating panels. My guess is you dragged those panels when you were installing and that put them all above the canvas, as opposed to docking. That isn't something Lumenzia would do (the only place it would affect layout would be if you run its optimize utility, check the option to use its workspace, and provide permission - and if you do all that, you wouldn't get the layout you see here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines