• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste from image and retain dimensions

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only can you no longer start a new file with the the retained dimensions from a picture you copied like you used to, but often times, it doesn't even copy the correct image.

Instead, it'll copy the image I previously copied before. Then I'll X out the error, create a new file again, and the image I intended to paste does appear.

I have already ticked the checkbox to open files as legacy. It was OK for a few weeks as a workaround, but that no longer applies.

Please fix this issue. To say it's frustrating is quite an understatement, and for what we pay, it's unacceptable.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. We're here to help.

Could you please share the version of Photoshop (Help > About Photoshop) and the version of Windows on your computer? Since when are you noticing this issue? Is it after an update? Would you mind sharing your workflow?

It would be great if we could see what you're seeing. Please post a screen recording of what's happening, and we will help sort it out. Here are instructions for making a screen recording - https://bit.ly/3Fkf5Vd.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences.

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences.

You can check https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ranjisha Sengupta wrote:

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here:

@Matthew5C31 wrote:

Not only can you no longer start a new file with the the retained dimensions from a picture you copied like you used to...

Before you reset your preferences, can you try this?

• File > New
  • Click on another preset, such as Default
  • Click on the Clipboard preset again

This sounds like a known bug that has been reported and this is one of several workarounds. The engineers have said there should be a fix in the next update.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"it doesn't even copy the correct image"

Is this repeating or isolated issues? Ensure that you are evoking Copy command using menu or ensure that keys on keyboard are in good condition and woirking as expected all the time.

"Instead, it'll copy the image I previously copied before." 

It just paste previously copied image because, for some reason, no other image is copied after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines