• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting in Photoshop not same size as source

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until recently, whenever I selected all or part of a document in Photoshop and copied it, I was able to create a new file and the file would automatically be sized based on what was just copied. That is no longer the case. I have no idea where the new document is getting the information from, but it's not the copied source image. It's like it's trying to create a new document based on the last new one I manually created instead of what I just copied. This is very irritating because I do this a lot to remove backgrounds. The photos show a sample of what's going on - the photo's original size vs. what happens when I go Command + N (I'm on a Mac OS Monterey). Please, how do I fix this? I want the size to be automatic for a new file if I've copied something in Photoshop. I don't want to have to manually adjust it to the size of the source material. Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug, they are working on it, https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I am having the same issue.

It isn't rocket science, Surely they tested this before releasing it!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amazing2008, yes, as Melissa said, this is a known issue. Please check Use Legacy “New Document” Interface on the General tab and the issue will be fixed.

JainLemos_0-1657047132082.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!! That fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines