• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

patch tool results in darker colors

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what I mean is, when it shows me how the area will look, once I confirm it's always results in slightly darker colorHere's a gif of what I mean https://gfycat.com/NecessaryUnlinedAnemonecrab

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post images in the forum using the image widget in the posting box. Many of us will not click on unknown links.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behavior is normal. You have to read how you are supposed to use the tool, or look at a few tutorials.

What you will often see in the tuts is how they first cut through an object (like the one you have sticking out), then use the tool.

[PiX] The Patch Tool: Does More than You Think | Complete Photoshop Guide - YouTube

msedge_AqDrllzXKo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but even after making a break in the text it still gets darker as can be seen in this video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this video, ignore last one https://gfycat.com/ActiveCorruptArabianwildcat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the Patch tool as often as I should, but I think it has to try and mix in the target to the source, which is the magic of it. Therefore you retain some of the black, as it wants best of both worlds. If you want a better replacement, you may want to use the Clone Tool instead (play with opacity, edge, blend mode, ... depending on what you want), or try the Content Aware Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like normal patch blending. You are zoomed right in so the area for blending the edges is limited. What would normally happen around the edges is happening right across your patch due to the very small pixel area being patched.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to disable blending, or should you just use a different tool instead if you don't want blending? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. If you've watched the video, it probably also tells you settings may need to be different if you patch something on the edge.

Or see here: https://youtu.be/nw_iO-AUi0c?t=199

So, I was working in Photoshop on a splash screen for a Lightroom tutorial for http://lightroomkillertips.com and I ran into a few problems along the way, and the fixes worked out so well, I thought I needed to share the techniques - it's mostly for fixing distracting stuff in your photo using The

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't want blending, just use the clone tool

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines