• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

path name error?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm using Photoshop well and I'm preparing for the photoshop-related test. But I think there's a problem with my photoshop. If I set up a pass and make the desired shape with the pentool mode, the name '○○○shape path' has not been erased. I'm embarrassed that I can't copy even if I want to change the name by copying it. However, if you use Pentool in path mode, it was automatically copied. Also, I looked up if it was because of the different pass settings, but I didn't have any. My friend is also using Adobe's Photoshop, which is an adobe product, and when he uses the shape tool like me, if he modifies the name, the pass is automatically copied and saved.
Why doesn't the path name change even in shape mode? Is there a problem with the Photoshop I use?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t quite follow your description, could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for the late reply.
Here's the screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One cannot rename a Shape Layer’s Vector Mask (though one could rename the Shape Layer itself), double-clicking it and entering a name should create a new Path. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can duplicate the shape layers vector Path in the Paths Palette and name it anyway you like. It will just be a named Path in the Paths Palette. Not a vector layer mask it could be  use to create a vector layer mask on a layer. Or stroke the path in a layer  or wrap text about it in a layer.

A Shape layer vector path is only displayed in the Path Palette when the shape layer is the Active layer. Listed as "Layer Name Shape Path"

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please also share the exact version of Ps that you are using, and the first paragraph of help>system info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for the late reply.
Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.4.2 20210602.r.242 a4f6042 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Window 10 If I open a new Document select the pen tool.  Then in the Tool Option bar I set Shape, set  fill  to a  solid color, set strokes color and size. With the first pen click on document canvas Photoshop add a new shape  layer tho the document layer stack with the a Layer Name "Shape 1". And in the Paths Palette a path "Shape 1 Shape Path" this path is only in the Paths Palette when layer Shape 1 is the current target layer.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines