• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pattern File Corruption

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a recurring problem with Photoshop pattern file getting corrupted / full and overloading the system so that it stalls when trying to open or shut, when reading preferences. One agent deleted the pattern file for me and that helped until the pattern file got overloaded again. There must be a way to empty that file from time to time. Please advise. Thanks. I am a surface pattern designer, so this is critical.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Yoou could manually delete the unnecessary ones in Window > Patterns from time to time. 

In particular before quitting Photoshop so they don’t get loaded at the next start of the program. 

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 11.48.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

… and naturally use »Export Selected Patterns« to save those you want to save for later use as pat-files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yoou could manually delete the unnecessary ones in Window > Patterns from time to time. 

In particular before quitting Photoshop so they don’t get loaded at the next start of the program. 

Screenshot 2021-06-17 at 11.48.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and naturally use »Export Selected Patterns« to save those you want to save for later use as pat-files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I knew there must be a solution that doesn't require deleting the pattern file in appdata every time, as the remote helpers have done. This is most helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines