Pattern Fill

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use defined patterns often to create full sheets of a pattern. I use Define Pattern and have lots saved to use. I opened a couple of new ones today that I wanted to use, selected the image Edit>Define Pattern which worked, dragged it into my new workspace and NOTHING. No repeating pattern. I tried other patterns that I've previously used. Nothing. I tried white background. Nothing. Transparent background. Nothing. It won't even let me open it in the layers box--where it shows the pattern as applied--to see if it's too small (it's not, it's the same size file/sheet as all the other ones I use-12"x12" high res). These are the same steps I've been using for months and now I get nothing. Kind of frustrated because I'm behind and need to get these sent to the printer.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am able to add a defined pattern using Photoshop 23.3.0 on Windows 10.

I'm wondering if there's either something about the document or the process where you're trying to add the pattern (maybe it's using indexed color or you have a tiny selection) or if you have an issue with Photoshop.

It might help if you could share a screenshot or screen capture a video to help show what's happening.

If it's an issue with Photoshop, you could try resetting the preferences, uninstalling/reinstalling, or using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines