Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Patterns slowing start-up (preferences)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I have recently 'defined' approx 30 patterns in PS.  I have instantly noticed the start-up being significantly slower due to a lengthy 'Reading Preferences'.

Does anyone know a way that I can speed up the launch without removing my patterns?

Many thanks, Charlie

Version: 21.2.2  --  Windows 10 64-bit  --  i5-6400 w/8GB RAM

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @charlieleftfoot 

I've had the same problem for a couple of years, with a very lengthy 'Reading Preferences', no matter what PS version I'm using. I've had to remove patterns and asl files, to speed up opening Photoshop. I'm using the current version 23.4.1 and Adobe still has not addressed the problem. 

See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-taking-forever-in-reading-preferences/idc-...

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide meaningful information. 

What are the pattern tiles’ color mode, bit depth, pixel dimensions, how many are there, …? 

What is the complete size of the Folder »Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines